Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 06-22-2009

Default kohler model number

does anyone know the model number for the Kohler 12.5 KW generator that in on a 1981 FC
Old 06-22-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtoles View Post
does anyone know the model number for the Kohler 12.5 KW generator that in on a 1981 FC
Ron,

I don't have a Kohler Genset pack on mine, but I believe that there should be an ID Plate with that information listed on it, located on the top of the housing where it mates up to the Perkins engine. If you are looking for the Perkins engine number it is located near the Fuel Injector pump, there is information and a picture of that location here on the forum at;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators > Perkins Genset Engine & Kohler Manuals and Information > ENGINE NUMBER LOCATION ON PERKINS DIESEL ENGINE & PARTS Numbers.pdf

If someone can take a picture of the Kohler ID plate and tell me it's location, I will add that information to the file.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-22-2009

Thanks for the location info. Unfortunately the Bird is at our lake cabin, so I can't look at it. The reason I am looking for it is to order avoltage regulator for it. I was given a link for one that Member "Turbokitty" put in his it looks exactly like the one that in the head of my generator, just wanted to double check with the supplier. Unfortunately I have to get this thing running buy next sunday so we can go to Arkansas, so I have to get the parts before I leave for the lake on Thursday.......AAAAH wish it were here