Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 07-02-2009

Default Cable tv connection

Good Morning All...This is Jim Barone here..We full time in a 1991 WBWL and are currently in Savannah Ga...I could use some help this morning with the cable tv connections..When I hook up the RV parks cable tv source to the cable tv connector located in the street side power cord bay I don't know where that coax ends in the cabinet over the drivers/passengers seats. I would like to use the coax that is built into the bus to provide cable tv service to the front flat screen but the wiring in the overhead is such a mess that I cannot identify what coax to connect to the tv. In the cabinet over the passenger seat there is what looks like an amplifier for tv signals..Is that part of of the built in cable tv coax? or should I be looking for a coax that is not part of the amplifier? I, as always, appreciate any help you can provide in locating the end to the correct coax. Thanks again..Jim Barone, fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL.
Old 07-02-2009

Jim, I had the same issue. If you go to Lowe's you can get a cheap little device that has a battery in it which will send a 12 volt signal down the line and then you can test the line on the other end. Believe it or not when I did this the first wire I tried was the one I wanted. There are a bunch of co-ax cables running around my coach plus speaker wires and the little signal tester is nice to have to find what is going where. Hope this helps

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-02-2009

Jim,

If you want to try a quickee first, the amplifier should have the inputs and outputs marked. Run from the amp out to the TV in and see what you get. The amp SHOULD be the first thing in line, then the splitter, then either a selector box (with VCR/GAME/DVD inputs) or straight to the TV, if I had to guess.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 07-02-2009

I think the amplifier is for the OTA antenna, the cable input should terminate at the selector box in the drivers overhead.

Charlie & Aura Shannon
Saint Albans, West Virginia
1993 40' WLWB
Old 07-10-2009

Default cable TV connection

Thanks all. I used a 6 volt lantern battery and was able to trace the coax for the cable tv hookup. Thanks for your suggestions..Jim Barone, fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL, currently in Savannah, GA