Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 08-23-2019

I got a electric tandem last year. Nice bike, removable batteries with a spare. Wife is scared of it. I took her on the first ride and it flies. It is big, about 7 foot long. I asked her to drive it, but she feels she can't steer it safe? I agree with some saddle bags, it make a nice in camp TOAD. Maybe around a small part of town. I put a class II receiver on the back of the Nissan. I might try to hang it out way back there.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthollis View Post
Ok, we have ordered two of these Lectric XP bikes. I have the idea that the demand for these right now is wayyyy ahead of supply; that seems to be the biggest complaint I've found about them. Use the coupon code "kevcentral" at checkout to get a $50 set of saddlebags for each bike ordered for no additional cost.
Congrats, the time will go fast. Lectric was running a 1-1/2 mo lead time back in June when I ordered ours. They don’t appear to be warehousing here in the US so that’s part of the delay. I also suspect each bike is not built until it has a buyer and the customer gets a healthy discount on a quality product for waiting. It’s a smart win-win business model. Other than the lead time, their customer service has been outstanding. While I didn’t take advantage of it, Lectric has a standing offer to visit their facilities in Scottsdale AZ. And they were very responsive (by email) throughout the order/delivery period. My original order specified delivery to the Bird House. But when notified they were almost ready to ship, I asked if they could send the bikes to our CG. Their quick response was “sure” and the bikes arrived at the end of our stay. Packing was thorough with zero in-transit damage and I was able to follow the FedEx Ground delivery process using the tracking numbers provided by Lectric. So far I’ve been impressed with Lectric’s attention to detail. For example, there were 3”x5” card-sized plastic pads glued on the inside of the shipping box to protect key components & lots of white foam was wrapped around frame parts (seen in pics above). The bike construction quality & features are impressive. That’s especially true at their current pricing. Haven’t opened up the “free” panniers yet, but they are supposed to fit over the rear carrier.

Before leaving the old CG yesterday I removed the battery so my solar panels could charge it while we traveled. Unlocking & removing the battery was easy but I was surprised how heavy it is. Without it locked in place, positioning the bike in the Birds bay was easier. Lectric recommends storing the battery at 75% state of charge, which is standard for lithiums. The charger only has a simple Red/Green indicator light. However, the bikes LED display shows its exact state of charge. Lectric recommends a full charge before riding the first time.

Today I’ll get the other bike unpacked, swap out the batteries and maybe take it for a spin...
Old 08-23-2019

Thanks for the info, Van. Gave ‘em my CC - back ordered to late September now. Just want it before WOG!

You should start seeking referral fees

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 08-23-2019

We also ordered two. Can't wait to try them out.

Thanks for the lead ........
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 08-23-2019

Default Storing Two Lectric eBikes in an M380 Bay

You’re welcome Al. Knew this was a good deal and figured other WOG’ers would be interested. The fat tires smooth out the ride for street use. And even with their weight, I think they’ll be great for light trail riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
Thanks for the info, Van. Gave ‘em my CC - back ordered to late September now. Just want it before WOG! You should start seeking referral fees Jim
My estimate was early Aug and they arrived mid-Aug, so those with a Sep estimate who are taking them to WOG should be ok. Dang! Another missed opportunity . FYI - I have no financial interest in Lectric, other than the $1,800 invested in our two bikes.

Today I used the other shipping box doubled up, to line the floor & rear wall of the bay where I’ll be carrying them. Also saved the foam pieces and used them to keep the various parts separated. That way they won’t mess up my polished SS floor and the foam will protect the bikes some. For the M380 owners, yes that’s the curb side of the big pass-thru bay. The non-tire end of the folded combo extends to the first big frame rail with the tires almost touching the bay door when closed. On the driver side of that bay, about 2/3 of it is still usable. I was previously carrying my mountain bike in that bay because I have extra storage space due to my battery bay project (previously described in the “All-Electric M380” thread). BTW - the battery lock keys are unique. Used my label maker to hopefully keep them straight. Plan to use a couple old Frisbees (at home), placed upsidedown under the fully retracted seat posts. That’ll make sliding the bikes into place easier .

First pic only shows one bike, as the other one was busy being “tested”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	055CDDB4-9C55-4CD2-BAFE-3977CA908093.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	63685   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	63686  

Last edited by NoGas; 08-24-2019 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Correct bay side & spelling
Old 08-24-2019

Delete

Last edited by Bumpersbird; 08-24-2019 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 08-24-2019

There are literally dozens of Folding Fat Tire E-Bikes available
With battery and motor options, controller upgrades, for those that think highway speeds are needed, to two wheel drive models that will take you where you would not want to walk to. Rigid frame to front forks, to full suspension
I’ve been shopping for several weeks now and will purchase one in the next week or two. Prices range from $600-$800 to $1800-$2500 I’m somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range, it’s got to have 300 lbs rider capacity and will most likely get a step-thru model to share with Momma, and me bad back and all. Get them now before the tariff on Chinese products raises the price, buy the way I think they are all made In The Far East. The best motor for the money is Bafang, with a few European companies like Bosch their are also different type of operations. My family in the Netherlands, land of the bicycle all have electric bike but European models are only electric assist by law. Most all Folding Fat bikes in the US are peddle, peddle and power, or just POWER on Scotty. Like always you only get what you pay for

Last edited by Bumpersbird; 08-24-2019 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 08-26-2019

Default Price Increase

If anyone is planning on ordering one of these bikes. Order before September 1st. I just got a email saying they are going to raise the price $100 bucks September 1st.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 08-27-2019

All I want is a $300 electric scooter. Wife says it’s a dumb idea. Maybe, but I still want one. Trying to figure out where I could hide it in the coach.
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 08-31-2019

Cool Scooter vs Bike & Lectric sale ends today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clembo View Post
All I want is a $300 electric scooter. Wife says it’s a dumb idea. Maybe, but I still want one. Trying to figure out where I could hide it in the coach.
In a CG several weeks ago I was watching a dad on an electric scooter use a rope to pull his daughter, who was on rollerblades. He was wearing shorts and only the kid had protective gear. Just as I started thinking maybe I’d made a mistake in ordering the bikes instead of a scooter, the dad took a fall and it wasn’t pretty!

Both of us are now using them together and that would’ve been impossible with scooters. Plus these beauties can go places and distances no scooter could dream of going. Even though they may be harder to store (see above), after enjoying them for over a week I’ll stick with our folding Lectric bikes

BTW the $899 Lectric deal ends TODAY!