Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Care and Upkeep

Care and Upkeep Let's face it, it has to be done. Have questions of what to do or how to do it, this is the place to talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 07-14-2009
hturner 12

Default PTs and Bluebird

Hey guys

Does anyone know what bluebird body is the same as my 1984 PT if any? I am working on repairing the engine compartment access door ( from an oh @#$%!@ that I did right after I got it), right now my bumper and access dor are temporarily repair but both are going to need replacement. I am trying to find an OEM or NOS body parts source. I did talk to MR. Goodbody in regards to the 84 he has or did have. I would like to compare his prices vs. OEM if possible
Old 07-14-2009

Default Bluebird Body

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it should be the blue Bird All-American RE (Rear Engine).

Jason Warner
Yukon, Oklahoma
1990 SP36
Old 07-14-2009

Colaws in Missouri has coaches they part out.
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 07-14-2009
hturner 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwarner View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it should be the blue Bird All-American RE (Rear Engine).

Thanks Jason I is what I was thinking
Old 07-14-2009
Senior

I dont know about the other Bluebird school and transit bus dealers but mine here in Chittenango,NY has a complete metal shop where they can make any of the parts for our bluebirds. When I had an accident with my 1982 FC35 the battery door was damaged. They built a new one exactly like the original. They also have body panels, rub rails etc and a complete paint shop. If you have one near you in Georgia I would check there first.
6V92
Old 10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbucks13477 View Post
I dont know about the other Bluebird school and transit bus dealers but mine here in Chittenango,NY has a complete metal shop where they can make any of the parts for our bluebirds. When I had an accident with my 1982 FC35 the battery door was damaged. They built a new one exactly like the original. They also have body panels, rub rails etc and a complete paint shop. If you have one near you in Georgia I would check there first.
Tom,
How much was the new battery door? I'd like to have one made, too.

Also, do you have a # for the metal shop at the dealer in NY?

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 10-22-2010
Senior

Doug I honestly do not remember what the cost for the door was although I remember posting it on the old forum site that Ernie and Bruce had. When I sold the 1982 FC35 I also gave the new owner all of the information, bills, schematics etc that pertained to the coach. The Chittenango facility not only fabricated the new door exactly like the original including the paint, but also replace the front bumper, repaired and painted the drivers side front of the coach and some of the batteries. I do know that the bill was very reasonable. You can contact them at these numbers which is for service.
Tel. 1-800-962-5768 :: 315-687-3969
http://newyorkbussales.com/pages/page.cfm?page=Service

http://newyorkbussales.com/index2.cfm

http://newyorkbussales.com/pages/page.cfm?page=Parts
For parts you can call either of these persons and they will help you with both parts and shipping. They are very good. They got me parts for my FC when the factory told me they were no longer available. I also got take off Leece-neville 160A alternators from them very reasonable. They were on new buses and driven only from Fort Valley to Chittenango and then taken off since the customers sometimes wanted larger alternators.

If you have a part number its even better. Remember the FCs were all based on the 1981 Bluebird school bus (I have the chassis manual they gave me).
Good luck with them I know they will help you. I believe the shop forum is still Darryl. If you do have any problem getting what you need send me an email to warbucks@tds.net and I will get them cranking.
6V92
Old 10-22-2010

Tom,
I spoke with Bill Cox in parts. He basically said it would cost a fortune to reproduce the parts, but i should talk to the service folks to be certain. He also said they keep no parts for wanderlodge. I brought up the notion that there shouldn't be great difference between an access panel for a rear engine PT vs. a rear engine bus, but he seemed to squash that idea. It seemed as if he didn't want to look in the parts guides. But...he also suggested I speak to services. And he said I'm in the custom car / fabrication center of the world and why don't I look locally. My panel is more tweaked than destroyed, so I'm interested in replacing, but not at the cost of an arm and leg.

thank you again,

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 10-22-2010
Senior

Doug you spoke to the wrong department and the wrong man. You need to talk to service and ask for Darryl. That is where the metal fabrication shop is. Believe me they routinely manufacture any part of the bus body and have rub rails etc in PARTS. Try again.
6V92
Old 10-22-2010

Tom,
Will do. The wrong man said I should call service on Monday. Not sure why, but he said service was closed today.

Not giving up, yet.

Thank you again,

Doug
Ex-PT36