Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-02-2012
Forum owner

And,CCC may have went bankrupt owing Meritor money.
I just guessing here.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-02-2012
davidmbrady

CCW - Complete Coach Works.
Old 12-02-2012
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
CCW - Complete Coach Works.
Thank you.
My typo!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-03-2012

I have been working off line with Meritor regarding ball joints. Will be discussing case with district manger in San Diego this AM.

I have the p/n numbers for the IFS unit on the 450 and 380 RVs

65mm A2110S1007
80mm A2110T1008

Meritor is currently inquiring and has request for manufacture out for these parts. That is all I know so far.
San Marcos, CA

Old 12-03-2012
Itchintogo

Good that is a step in a positive direction. I wonder when the request for manufacture was issued?
Old 12-03-2012
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gsur View Post
I have been working off line with Meritor regarding ball joints. Will be discussing case with district manger in San Diego this AM.

I have the p/n numbers for the IFS unit on the 450 and 380 RVs

65mm A2110S1007
80mm A2110T1008

Meritor is currently inquiring and has request for manufacture out for these parts. That is all I know so far.
Thanks, Dan,

I'm not sure, but I thought Meritor part # 3280 D 9728 was the lower ball joint number?

Glad I waited to call San Diego. I have asked the powers that be at Bluebird Bus to help us by using whatever influence they have over Meritor to persuade Meritor to do whatever is necessary to make these parts available to us.

Chuck
Old 12-03-2012

chuck could you give a call
888 668 4288

stephen

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 12-04-2012

Just to ask a stupid question here: If some of the follow on suspensions were upgraded/changed from the Meritor style ball joint suspension has anybody asked Meritor if the "A" arms are interchangable with something else that might have parts available? Probably a stupid question but I thought I would ask.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 12-04-2012
cmillsap

Well, I wasn’t going to post the information below until I knew for sure that these “Ball Studs” were going to be available from Meritor. But on second thought, I think all M380 & M450 owners should know what I have found out. This may be a good day for all M380 & M450 owners

Thanks to David Brady’s lead, I called San Diego MTS and found that those Bluebird Express 4500s are owned by a company by the name of “Veolia Transportation”. They lease them to the MTS and are responsible for keeping the busses maintained. Veolia Transportation owns many of the Bluebird Express 4500 buses in service all across the country. I spoke to Ralph Ayala who is the Director of Maintenance for Veolia. He told me that they have had a lot of problems with the Meritor IFS, particularly the ball joints. In San Diego. They purchase the Meritor parts from a Meritor distributor called “Wetmore’s”. Ralph gave me the contact person at Wetmores. I spoke to their maintenance manager, a real gentleman named “E.J”. who was very aware of the problem and told me that so much pressure had been put upon Meritor that they (Meritor) had agreed to make a run of these Ball Studs for them in Europe and these parts should be available in about 2 more weeks.

E.J. was going to call the Meritor rep today to determine the status of the newly manufactured ball joints. He promised to call me with the results of that conversation. So I hope it is good news and these parts are really being made and will be available soon.

I wouldn’t want everyone to get their hopes too high at the moment, but it does appear that some activity is being done by Meritor to provide these parts. I am looking forward to E.J.’s call and hope it is good news. This information ties in with what Dan Sunderland was saying in a previous post. Incidentally, E.J. said that he stocks most of the replacement parts for this suspension such as rotors and tie rod ends.

Chuck
Old 12-04-2012
davidmbrady

Really fantastic news Chuck, way to go! I'm sure it'll work out.