Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteaeonix View Post
I can assure you that you'll want the Engine Preheat feature. In very cold weather, it can bring the engine up to a good starting temperature in 30 minutes or less. Much more efficient than the block heater (that never seemed to help my S-60 much).
The engine preheat will be a sure thing when I do the engine swap to the ISX.
With the money this ISX is costing me already, I want to keep it toasty warm in the winter
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-25-2011

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-26-2011

Well my ceiling material arrived this evening, but too late for me to do anything with today.

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-26-2011

Hooked up the last set of lines for the Aqua hot. It's all wired now, and all the Pex lines are ran, I am just down to adding the antifreeze, and putting in the Fuse to power it up. I do have to run the 2 20amp lines to the panel too.

This was my work area today. I cleaned up all the wiring as well.

I really need to get the gas shocks for the bay doors. They arent even expensive, I just keep forgetting to order them.
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-28-2011

Got a little more done.....

Built some shelves for either side of the master bed.

Surrounded the bed frame with Doors, so I can slide stuff under there and have access.

From the bedroom looking forward. Got some trim/"door stopper" around the door, wall paper etc..

overhead bin doors installed, and working on the cupboard/shelves, the door is leaning up against the wall

Trim around the bunk beds

It's starting to come together..... Need to get the roof covering on and the hardwood floors aren't too far behind.
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-28-2011
davidmbrady

Looks really nice David. I like what your doing. Thanks for the pics!
Old 08-28-2011

I think I would hinge that hall door on the other side. The soon to have acceleration will just throw it open like it is!!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Looks really nice David. I like what your doing. Thanks for the pics!

Actually, both doors lock into place perfect, with 0 play. Once they lock, their locked.

The plan right now is to fill the Aqua hot system with antifreeze tomorrow, and hopefully it fires right up.
We are going to be taking the coach out for the last long weekend of the summer, and we are heading to Batavia NY for the Can/Am race (Canada vs USA), where my son will compete and hopefully kick some USA hinny.

This will be a real test, since we are leaving Wednesday morning, and not returning home until the following Monday night. So almost a week in it. We will be cleaning it up tomorrow, taking out all the tools, etc.....
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-29-2011

Hey David,
I was just thinking... with all the new zip... you might need baffles in your diesel tank... to keep from sucking air...

Brother You do nice work! Love all the Pictures! Keep up all the good work!

Old 08-29-2011

Aquahot heat exchanger under the bunk bed, pointing out to the hall way beside the bunks

The vent below the bunks

Heat exchanger also under the bunks, but pointing into the master bedroom

Vent in bedroom

For the bathroom, I dont really have many options for the heat exchanger, it has to go here, but instead of just boxing in the heater right now, I am thinking about this area, if I can make some kind of cabinet to fit, and also houses the heater. In the mean time, it's hooked up, and what ever I do, I will build around it.

Now this is my biggest concern of the Aquahot set up. This is ALLOT of antifreeze, and could hurt the 0-60 times of "Wanderlodge R"

Have to head out for my introductions to the staff and my new job, and be given my client list etc.... which will probably chew up most of the day, but I really hope I can get this antifreeze in the system today, and I hope all the wiring is correct so it fires right now..... if not, cold showers for a week since we leave Wednesday morning at 6am. I've got tonight, and tomorrow to make everything work.
Cummins ISX-650HP