Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 03-15-2019
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief607 View Post
Ron my apologies Sir. The modification I posted was in fact just my opinion. I certainly wasn't trying to force my opinion on others. Just a meek attempt to share yet another option. Perhaps I should remain in the shadows of this forum and keep my opinions and thoughts to myself. I am not critiquing or criticizing what the others have done as my opinion is they all look great.



Hey John,don't let Ron bother you,hes a bit of a purist and thas fine with me.
What Tim did for you is fine,and Rons looks good too.
Personally,i think the LXI looks like a racoon.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-15-2019
Chief607's Avatar
Chief607 Chief607 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Branson
Posts: 508
Default

Thanks Randy. I just dont want to make enemies on here just want to learn and exchange ideas. Your absolutely right on the raccoon
__________________
John and Sandy Hill
Benny our Shih Tzu
Hollister, Mo
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-15-2019
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief607 View Post
Thanks Randy. I just dont want to make enemies on here just want to learn and exchange ideas. Your absolutely right on the raccoon
Rons pretty mellow,i tried to make him hate me and its never worked!
Hey,i threw all those ugly lights out and put sealed beams in,everybody has to do what they like.
Or what Tim likes!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-15-2019
SNOWBIRD's Avatar
SNOWBIRD SNOWBIRD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Lansing
Posts: 811
Default

I agree on the raccoon look. I was toying with the idea of repainting that front black band to some other color. The new headlight doors will need to painted anyway, so I may go with one of the colors in my paint scheme already (and none of them are black).
__________________

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-15-2019
rrueckwald rrueckwald is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Joseph
Posts: 3,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief607 View Post
Ron my apologies Sir. The modification I posted was in fact just my opinion. I certainly wasn't trying to force my opinion on others. Just a meek attempt to share yet another option. Perhaps I should remain in the shadows of this forum and keep my opinions and thoughts to myself. I am not critiquing or criticizing what the others have done as my opinion is they all look great.
John,

I think you misinterpreted the point. I was trying to say our members update these great buses wonderfully in different ways. Bravo to all.

By the way, John, you will NEVER be able to force an opinion on anyone here. Even Randy can't do that. Well, maybe not; the "raccoon" comment probably qualifies.
__________________
Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
St. Joseph, MI
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-15-2019
rrueckwald rrueckwald is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Joseph
Posts: 3,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBIRD View Post
I agree on the raccoon look. I was toying with the idea of repainting that front black band to some other color. The new headlight doors will need to painted anyway, so I may go with one of the colors in my paint scheme already (and none of them are black).
Sky,

I have seen a couple LXi's with the bumper painted the same as the color behind, usually a light color. It looks way better than BB did it, IMHO. Go for it.
__________________
Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
St. Joseph, MI
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-16-2019
SNOWBIRD's Avatar
SNOWBIRD SNOWBIRD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Lansing
Posts: 811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Sky,

I have seen a couple LXi's with the bumper painted the same as the color behind, usually a light color. It looks way better than BB did it, IMHO. Go for it.



That's what I was thinking. On your coach, the black seems to flow into your paint scheme so it looks better than mine. The lighter background color may be the best way to go on mine.
__________________

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wardrobe doors nbedinger SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 27 03-22-2013 08:36 AM
M380 Headlight Covers Dennis M380 (Unique Issues) 8 07-24-2012 10:11 AM
Need bay doors for '97 Fritz Vehicle Issues 1 08-23-2009 04:07 PM
Gas springs for bay doors Thewonderer General 1 03-22-2009 08:16 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.