Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-13-2019

Default LP Heater Question

I managed to pull the unit (suburban NT-16s) from its hidey hole in the bedroom. No small feat. It seems that there are 4 wires to the unit, a ground, power, and two blue wires for the thermostat.

fig 17, pg 21
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/subntnew.pdf

The wiring diagram I have for the bus only has 3 wires to the unit (ground/power/thermostat).

When they installed this (I am pretty certain this was the original unit sold with the bus 30 year back), they only hooked up one of the 2 blue thermostat leads to the bus harness.

I plan to purchase a new unit (they are relatively cheap on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-NT-1.../dp/B001HKT0T4 )

question: I looked at the manual for the new model (it is same dimensions...just different model #) and it shows the same 4 wires to the unit (ground, power, 2 thermostat leads).

How do I know which of the 2 thermostat leads to cap off? Or perhaps it does not matter?

Old 09-13-2019
Gardner

Both blue leads are joined in the unit. Same wire in effect.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 09-13-2019

Thank you sir