Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 09-23-2019
Just the Driver

Yes I also wish that all of the 450 owners would post here on WOG so the information could be found and used by all owners. This is such a valuable tool for all owners of all models and a lot of 450 owners come here and research in formation but do not post good information about repairs, parts located pertaining to the 450.

We as Wanderlodge owners are all in this together and this site is the best I have found to obtain information, help and over the years some great friends.

Come on fellow 450 owners this is the place to discuss issues and post information where it can be found by others and future owners. I sure would clear up al lot of email space on my phone !!!

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 09-23-2019

I remember about 3 years ago Erika and I were on our way to Idlewild up the mountain outside Palm Springs to see some snow It dosent snow in Palm springs but a short ride up 5k feet will get you some . Well any way on our way up it is snowing and as we are twisting our way up what do you think I see coming around the bend ? Yes a 450 BB . I say to Erika OMG I hope he makes it down lol Well he did make it down and was parked for a few days at our resort . Just goes to show the effects of keeping this great coach in the closet . By the way the 365 Michelin tier was made for the Prevost XL11 s weight issue . The early 365 tiers had a tread issue that caused the tier to come apart on turns due to low tier pressure I heard . The new ones worked this issue out I heard .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 09-23-2019

I really wish I could offer more insight(nuts and bolts) about the 450, having only owned the coach for a couple months-it will take more saddle time for me to be able to speak clearly about the 450-

I will say the first thing I did notice in driving the 450 was the extra rubber(365)on the steer vs the smaller steer tires on my 2000 LXI-

Also- the location of the air bags on LXI vs 450 was a great improvement

My wife(BOSS)says she can sleep now in the bedroom on the 450-

The 450 is absolutely a dream to drive-

I do miss my 12.7 DD - not a fan of yellow engines

MJD
Old 09-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
I really wish I could offer more insight(nuts and bolts) about the 450, having only owned the coach for a couple months-it will take more saddle time for me to be able to speak clearly about the 450-

I will say the first thing I did notice in driving the 450 was the extra rubber(365)on the steer vs the smaller steer tires on my 2000 LXI-

Also- the location of the air bags on LXI vs 450 was a great improvement

My wife(BOSS)says she can sleep now in the bedroom on the 450-

The 450 is absolutely a dream to drive-

I do miss my 12.7 DD - not a fan of yellow engines

MJD

Are all 450's CATs......still an Allison trans unlike some Country Coaches that are all yellow.
Old 09-23-2019
Just the Driver

All 450’s are Cat C-13 with Allison. Seems to be a great combo.

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net