Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-05-2019

Default M380 no house water pump power all of a sudden

About 30 minutes ago I was doing dishes and waiting for the water heater to finish up so I could take a shower. 15 minutes later I had no water pressure. Light off at the kitchen switch, no activity from the switch in the bay. Bathroom switch was bypassed by DonB as it was intermittent.

Update - dead short somewhere - breaker in rear load center (under TV) pops quickly. Unplugged water pump from harness and it was not the culprit. What could have suddenly shorted out in between?
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others

Last edited by chiplamb; 10-05-2019 at 10:49 PM. Reason: updates
Old 10-05-2019

Looking at the schematics, there are numerous relays located where they specify "BLOCK 23" - 2 for the furnace and 1 for the water shut off. I have three relays for those but the specified water pump relay is not among them. Where might it be?

UPDATE - Don put an LED in place of the lightbulb in the water pump indicator light, this somehow caused the relay to short (I guess, looking at the schematic). With the light disconnected, the problem has been resolved.

I'd still very much like to know where the water pump relay lives on a 2 slide M380.

Don also disabled the water pump switch in the toilet room, not sure if the LED vs a lightbulb caused his intermittent water pump action here as it would come down to the relay. I'd like to have that working again, Don merely moved all the wires to one side of the switch, wondering if anyone would be willing to pull theirs down and photo the wire locations if they can be discerned from one another or probe out.
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours

Last edited by chiplamb; 10-06-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2019

Hi Chip - sorry about ur WP issues. When I repurposed the LP Fill switch to control my electric WH, I wanted to rewire that switch/indicator light and wanted take power from the WP circuit. It's a rats nest behind that panel and very tight too! Recall it being difficult to find the fuse that controls power to that area. Recall that power did not come from the expected fuse or any of the lines behind that panel. For my WH relay, I ended up bringing 12v power up from the bay below and rewired my new Electric WH switch using a standard Neg ground. It appears the WP circuit is setup with a positive ground where the switch controls the ground! That means each of the switches has full power, so be careful!! Lastly when the Master 12V DC switch up front is off, my WP is still powered when any WP switch is turned on. Again, this makes sense if BB used a positive ground circuit. Presumably, they did this to make a three-way DC switch circuit easier. One of the two indicator lights on that panel was burned out and I found a replacement at Q. I left the water pump circuit as it was and wired my repurposed LP switch/indicator lamp with a negative ground using power that I had brought up to the from the bay. I didn’t do anything else with the WP circuit since all three of my switches are working fine. I’ve always wanted to add a 4th WP switch at the lavatory. It could be done by tying that switch into the wet bay WP switch. One of these days!

Start with the water pump. Disconnect it and verify that it works when powered directly. Also verify that the pump is not powered when it is connected to the water pump circuit. If it is, try turning each WP switch off one at a time. Finally, verify that each switch completes the circuit to the WP by itself. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Could your geny issues be part of the problem? Good luck!

Last edited by NoGas; 10-06-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Recall it being difficult to find the fuse that controls power to that area. Recall that power did not come from the expected fuse or any of the lines behind that panel.
Water pump power is from 15A breaker in Battery 2 row in the DC load center under the TV (2 slide)

Quote:
For my WH relay, I ended up bringing 12v power up from the bay below and rewired my new Electric WH switch using a standard Neg ground. It appears the WP circuit is setup with a positive ground where the switch controls the ground! That means each of the switches has full power, so be careful!! Lastly when the Master 12V DC switch up front is off, my WP is still powered when any WP switch is turned on. Again, this makes sense if BB used a positive ground circuit. Presumably, they did this to make a three-way DC switch circuit easier.
That's the only way that would work.

Quote:
One of the two indicator lights on that panel was burned out and I found a replacement at Q. I left the water pump circuit as it was and wired my repurposed LP switch/indicator lamp with a negative ground using power that I had brought up to the from the bay. I didn’t do anything else with the WP circuit since all three of my switches are working fine. I’ve always wanted to add a 4th WP switch at the lavatory. It could be done by tying that switch into the wet bay WP switch. One of these days!
Would you mind dropping your toilet WP switch down and noting/photoing the wiring connections on it? Mine has been bypassed.

Quote:
Start with the water pump. Disconnect it and verify that it works when powered directly. Also verify that the pump is not powered when it is connected to the water pump circuit. If it is, try turning each WP switch off one at a time. Finally, verify that each switch completes the circuit to the WP by itself. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Could your geny issues be part of the problem? Good luck!
Pump wasn't the issue, gen issues are merely about cooling above 95F in direct sunlight!
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours
Old 10-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
Water pump power is from 15A breaker in Battery 2 row in the DC load center under the TV (2 slide)... Would you mind dropping your toilet WP switch down and noting/photoing the wiring connections on it? Mine has been bypassed... Pump wasn't the issue, gen issues are merely about cooling above 95F in direct sunlight!
  • Yes, that fuse doesn't power my WP circuit
  • Will be awhile before I can do that. Perhaps someone else can help you faster?
  • When I first got the coach my Geny was having heat issues like yours. Did what Gump just did and no more problems. Since then, it has regularly powered both A/C’s in temps 20+ degrees hotter than your “cool” 95 with zero issues
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
  • Yes, that fuse doesn't power my WP circuit
  • Will be awhile before I can do that. Perhaps someone else can help you faster?
  • When I first got the coach my Geny was having heat issues like yours. Did what Gump just did and no more problems. Since then, it has regularly powered both A/C’s in temps 20+ degrees hotter than your “cool” 95 with zero issues
Thanks, Van! No rush if nobody else steps up or I can't dissect something at PM in another M380.
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours