Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 10-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
The advanage of Visible is that no cheating is required. That thread I nentioned dhows how to hook up a router
The R2 phone is not spectacular but having real no limit, no throttling is great. The phone is free. You an suspend the service for 2 months. Do you think thst 5g service eill reach campgrounds in the country?
Perhaps not but the price of 4G will drop and no more caps at 15 gig etc...once the major metropolitan cities go 5g.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
5G will never be viable for remote data IMHO. It just doesn't have the oomph to get through rain, trees, or buildings even at close range.

I'm watching the Visible thing, it's interesting. I hate the idea of using a phone as the receiver, though. Yuck.
Agreed! It never works right in a multi device environment. I tried it and all I heard all day was “honey why the internet is not connecting or why is it dropping”! And you are correct about 5g, mostly designed for congested cities! They could remedy it with addition antennas but they will not spend the money in rural areas!
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-03-2019

In rural areas they would have to put a cell site down the street from every house. 1000 feet in open air is about all you get from the high freq 5G. Low freq 5G is 6ghz iirc and that is intended for indoor building-wide deployments so it will be lower power but get through obstacles better.
Old 10-06-2019

Andy
Do you think it would work if you put the Visible SIM card into a mobile hotspot such as a Netgear Nighthawk M1 or similar.
I’m not excited about using a phone as a hotspot either.
Dan
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net

Last edited by Clembo; 10-06-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2019

It would work if it has a SIM and they allow it. It is completely possible that they will disallow service automatically by detecting the SIM in a different device.
Old 10-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
It would work if it has a SIM and they allow it. It is completely possible that they will disallow service automatically by detecting the SIM in a different device.
Agree. Also, if like ATT the SIM may have a PUK(Personal Unlock Key) that you will have to enter to activate it in another device. ATT, so far, is willing to provide that number. Verizon may not. Especially if they see that it is not to their advantage to give it out.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 10-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clembo View Post
Andy
Do you think it would work if you put the Visible SIM card into a mobile hotspot such as a Netgear Nighthawk M1 or similar.
I’m not excited about using a phone as a hotspot either.
Dan
If you really want to do it there are ways!!!
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-06-2019

You are dealing with Visible, not Verizon. You can use any phone you want. Keep your number or they will sell you a phone for $20. The guy on Grand Adverture YouTube was using the $20 with a Ravpower (HooToo) mini router.
My question is will a CDMA SIM work in a mobile router like the ATT GSM SIM will. I am just learning about this stuff. I know enough to waste a lot of money,LOL. Trying not to.Rather spend it on diesel.
Thanks
Dan
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 10-06-2019

Quote:
My question is will a CDMA SIM work in a mobile router like the ATT GSM SIM will. I am just learning about this stuff. I know enough to waste a lot of money,LOL. Trying not to.Rather spend it on diesel.
Thanks
Dan
Background: 4g LTE (which Visible is) is data only and does not rely on CDMA/GSM which are old 3g voice/data protocols. Most carriers are now using a variation of voice over IP (VOIP) for voice calls over LTE (VoLTE) so they can eventually shut down their outdated CDMA/GSM services.

Your question: An LTE SIM can be moved to other devices IF the carrier hasn’t locked it or restricted it to a specific device/device type (phone vs cell router). Some forums suggest an activated Visible SIM can be moved, but I don’t know if this was a straightforward move or a Shahin “there are always ways” move.

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
You are dealing with Visible, not Verizon. You can use any phone you want. Keep your number or they will sell you a phone for $20. The guy on Grand Adverture YouTube was using the $20 with a Ravpower (HooToo) mini router.
Thanks
Dan
Yes you have to have the right router! Like Mofi. The best router I have ever owned! It’s almost service provider agnostic!
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org