Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 10-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue22 View Post
Didn’t figure that would take long.

For what it’s worth, I can vouch for this Bus. I am the caretaker of the other ’77 31’ that was meticulously restored around the same time by the same shop for the same family. Nothing was spared in either restoration, and Dave has done a fantastic job keeping this beautiful bus in top shape. It is the right color with all the right options. It is incredible to think about the money that it must have taken to complete the restoration. I would never sell mine because it fits ever need I want in a Wanderlodge (today anyway, although the rear bath is an attractive layout).

I won’t say anymore considering a sale is pending, but if for some reason it falls through I’ll come back and rave some more about how exceptional it is!

Good luck on your quest for the next one, and we'll miss you at the WOG!!
May I ask which shop worked on these birds? I have a gas powered 1977 FC31 and I want to restore it more.
in process
Old 10-13-2019

Holland Motorhomes in Michigan did the restoration on these two about 5 years ago.

They both received almost $100K each in work but at the end of the day a ’77 FC is still only worth $20-$30K in the best shape, so it may not be worth the “investment.” Either one of these could have lived out their lives as a museum piece but that’s not what they were built for, and that’s the reason they have both been used as intended the last five years.

If money is no object then I’m sure Holland could hook you right up. But before I spent that kind of money I would be sure I started with the right bus. A ’77 is simple and a great choice but I would ask if a gasser works in your situation. Bottom line, my minimum must-haves before spending that kind of money on restoration would include the Cat 3208, which started in ’77, and air brakes.

If the money is a consideration I would look for a bus that has been nicely maintained or already restored. That’s what I did and I think I ended up with a pretty nice ride.

Good luck,
Matt
virtue1@gmail.com