Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default where to purchase Brass Shower Faucets and Mixing Valve

I noticed where Randy had suggested to start a new thread rather than post on an older one; hence, a new thread.

It's been quite a while since I have been on the forum, but saw the post by C&KKnewbirds back in 2008 which I have the same problem and have cut a hole in the tub also. I need to buy the mixing valve along with both brass facets which have busted due to freezing temperatures. I had the brass faucets welded but did not hold. Can you suggest where to buy both faucets and mixing valve?
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&Knewbirds View Post
I cut a hole in the tub because it seemed like the only logical way to get at that mixing valve with out tearing everything apart. Thankfully Shane gave me the idea of cutting the hole and using a deck plate to repair the hole.

A 4-1/2 inch hole for the 6-1/8 inch deck plate was just enough room to get at that mixing valve. Turned out not to be the mixing valve causing the problem. The problem was a split in the copper tubing, most likely a freeze expansion.

Anyway that problem seems to be solved.
Another great forum Fix
Old 3 Weeks Ago

These faucets must be a hard order to purchase due to the check valve and made of brass. I do want them to match the bird's original faucets.
Any help or suggestions
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Take them to some local dedicated plumbing supply stores, including wholesale. Where plumbers shop, not the big box stores. You might find one who can order a replacement if available or if not, an alternative.
89 SP 36
Body #F82224
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreacherBeard View Post
These faucets must be a hard order to purchase due to the check valve and made of brass. I do want them to match the bird's original faucets.
Any help or suggestions
Not cheap if ordered new, someone had some gold faucets, at the rally, maybe they will respond.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thank you jgm and Bill Page. We have taken pics of the facets and sent them to the German manufacturers and waiting for their reply. Their brass facets with the check valve start at $500.00 plus. I will try the local plumbing wholesale as you mentioned and hopefully find a replacement or an alternative that will work. Thanks again