Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > RV Buying Scams

RV Buying Scams Do you know of any RV related scams, if so list them here.

Site Search:

Old 11-22-2011

Default 2006 Bluebird for sale? (too good to be true)

2006 BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI

RV Location

15280 W. Post Drive
Surprise, AZ 85374
Contact

Pamela Camacho Camacho

Summary

RV for Sale
Sale Price: $97,000
Property ID: 107616
Updated on: Nov 03, 2011

RVParkStore.com respects your privacy. If you want to opt out of property forwarding, please click here
RVParkStore.com
The Best Place to Buy, Sell, and Learn about RV Parks and Campground Investing

RE: contacted you for 2006 BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI

X

Inbox

X

Chad Browning chriskis10@msn.com to me
show details Nov 16 (7 days ago)

Hello Ron!
I appreciate that you contacted me. First let me say that the BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI is available for $97,000.
One of the cleanest BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI for sale anywhere. 2006 with only 60000 miles. A BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI with CAT C13 12.5L 525HP TURBO DIESEL ENGINE, 32" LCD/HD FLATSCREEN, 32" LCD HDTV television Power TV antenna AM/FM/CD/ dash radio, satellite compatible 10-disc CD changer Stereo VCR/DVD combo with front video input 40 channel hand-held CB radio Color rear vision monitor system Panasonic Surround Home Theater System Radar detector 6-way power adjustable pilot/co-pilot seal and a lot more. One of the best all around driving RV you can buy.
A Totally Rust, Corrosion And Flood Free Vehicle.Never been in any accidents.Clear title.
Where are you located?
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate ask

Best Regards

Forward

Ron Moore to Chad
show details Nov 16 (6 days ago)

Ron- Show quoted text -

Forward

Hello Ron.
I would like to thank you for your interest in buying my RV and also to clearly some things first of all. Do you need more pics?
I know it's been advertised in few areas but the RV is in Malvern, OH. I had it advertised through a brokerage company that is why it was posted in several places. Crazy for his commission...I would like to know from the beginning if you are really interested in purchase, so i can stop negotiating with potential buyers.
My final price is $97,000 with shipping/handling included and it is not negotiable because the RV is perfect condition.
The transaction will be closed only through a 3rd party and this way we will both be protected. My time is limited due to my job, so I decided to use the Protection Program offered by Amazon Payments.
This service will offer you:
-Secure & safe payment method only by Bank transfer
-Inspection period for buyer (5 days for inspection with the RV at your location)
-Shipping company is created by a local contractor.
-The RV will come with all documents (clear title,bills of sale,RV's manual)
So if you agree with what i stated above and you have the funds, i am ready to explain to you all the details regarding the
payment method - inspection period - shipping process and all about this deal.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Chad Browning

PS: If you don't have a history with Amazon Payments, I can ask them to send you some general terms & conditions.

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:16:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Ron Moore contacted you for 2006 BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI
To: chriskis10@msn.com- Show quoted text -

Forward

Ron Moore to RON, Chad

Hi Chad, Thanks for the quick reply, I am interested in the 2006 Wanderlodge for $97,000 K. I have the Amazon Credit Card and a Amazon Prime Account, so at least that's a start, but am not familiar with the Amazon brokerage/payment program. I have the cash on hand but would prefer finance for the deduction, but that's my problem. Some additional pics would be nice if you have them, the wife is very interested in the interior
Can you have Amazon send me the details, and what do you need me to do.
Thanks
Ron- Show quoted text -

Reply to all
Forward

OK Ron,
I will contact Amazon Payments right now to send you an email with general terms and condition. Pics attached.

If we decide to proceed with this transaction, i will have to contact Amazon Payments and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
Give me your full name (and i need your real name because this is the name i will use for the transfer of the title) and your shipping address (where do you want to receive the RV)
You will receive a notification (invoice) from Amazon Payments shortly after that,with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Payment
Regarding the payment you will be instructed to deposit the money to an Amazon Payments Bank account and they will secure it untill you get the RV.
Inspection
You will have a 5 days for inspection period so you can make sure that it is the RV that you saw in the pictures.If you find the RV unsatisfactory at the end of the

5 days inspection period, you have the option to return it to me at my expense and get a refund from Amazon Payments in 24 hours after they are notified about your decision.
The final decision to buy or not the RV will be after the 5 days with the RV at your home.
Shipping
As soon as i will have the confirmation from Amazon Payments that the funds have been deposited to their account, i will immediately contact the shipping company regarding the delivery
arrangements so you get the RV in maximum 4-5 days. This is a door to door delivery service, so the RV will arrive at your address, you won't have to worry about picking it up from a dock.
Documents
I will send the RV with all the papers and documents(clear title,bills of sale,RV's manual).The clear title and the bill of sale will both be signed and they will be
shipped together with the RV. Also this RV will arrive with all the documentations required for registration and 2x keys.
You decide whether you keep the RV or not( hopefully you will be positive as you will love it).
Therefore, if you are determined in buying the RV, please sent me an email with your full name and full shipping address to start the transaction with Amazon Payments.
Chad Browning

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:21:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Ron Moore contacted you for 2006 BLUE BIRD WANDERLODGE 450 LXI
To: chriskis10@msn.com

CC: colette_ron@msn.com- Show quoted text -

30 attachmentsDownload all attachments View all images
Attachments may be unavailable. Learn more
1.jpg
96K View Download 2.jpg
95K View Download 3.jpg
81K View Download 4.jpg
100K View Download 5.jpg
99K View Download 6.jpg
100K View Download 7.jpg
88K View Download 8.jpg
83K View Download 9.jpg
92K View Download 10.jpg
96K View Download 11.jpg
104K View Download 12.jpg
88K View Download 13.jpg
99K View Download 14.jpg
93K View Download 15.jpg
84K View Download 16.jpg
83K View Download 17.jpg
90K View Download 18.jpg
90K View Download 19.jpg
86K View Download 20.jpg
96K View Download 21.jpg
95K View Download 22.jpg
86K View Download 23.jpg
72K View Download 24.jpg
105K View Download 25.jpg
58K View Download 26.jpg
94K View Download 27.jpg
93K View Download 28.jpg
91K View Download 29.jpg
91K View Download 30.jpg
97K View Download

Forward

Ron Moore to Chad
show details Nov 17 (5 days ago)

Hi Chad, I received the Amazon Payments Charter, thanks.

FULL NAME:
Ronald Max Moore

SHIPPING ADDRESS:
All RV Service Center Inc
537 W Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85745

Home Address: (if you need it)
1671 N Lost Canyon Ct
Tucson, AZ 85745
Phone #:
1-520-850-9231

I will deposit the funds as soon as Amazon establishes Electronic Transfer with my Bank in Illinois, is there anything else I need to do?

Ron

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Chad Browning <chriskis10@msn.com> wrote:
OK Ron,
I will contact Amazon Payments right now to send you an email with general terms and condition. Pics attached.

If we decide to proceed with this transaction, i will have to contact Amazon Payments and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
Give me your full name (and i need your real name because this is the name i will use for the transfer of the title) and your shipping address (where do you want to receive the RV)
You will receive a notification (invoice) from Amazon Payments shortly after that,with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Payment
Regarding the payment you will be instructed to deposit the money to an Amazon Payments Bank account and they will secure it untill you get the RV.
Inspection
You will have a 5 days for inspection period so you can make sure that it is the RV that you saw in the pictures.If you find the RV unsatisfactory at the end of the

5 days inspection period, you have the option to return it to me at my expense and get a refund from Amazon Payments in 24 hours after they are notified about your decision.
The final decision to buy or not the RV will be after the 5 days with the RV at your home.
Shipping
As soon as i will have the confirmation from Amazon Payments that the funds have been deposited to their account, i will immediately contact the shipping company regarding the delivery
arrangements so you get the RV in maximum 4-5 days. This is a door to door delivery service, so the RV will arrive at your address, you won't have to worry about picking it up from a dock.
Documents

I will send the RV with all the papers and documents(clear title,bills of sale,RV's manual). The clear title and the bill of sale will both be signed and they will be
- Show quoted text -

Forward

Hello Ron,
I received your info.
I will contact Amazon Payments later today and I think they will issue the invoice in the morning.
I will keep you posted.
Please do the same.
Thank you,
Chad

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:02:54 -0700- Show quoted text -

Forward

Ron Moore to lindon67

- Show quoted text -

30 attachmentsDownload all attachments View all images
Attachments may be unavailable. Learn more
1.jpg
96K View Download 2.jpg
95K View Download 3.jpg
81K View Download 4.jpg
100K View Download 5.jpg
99K View Download 6.jpg
100K View Download 7.jpg
88K View Download 8.jpg
83K View Download 9.jpg
92K View Download 10.jpg
96K View Download 11.jpg
104K View Download 12.jpg
88K View Download 13.jpg
99K View Download 14.jpg
93K View Download 15.jpg
84K View Download 16.jpg
83K View Download 17.jpg
90K View Download 18.jpg
90K View Download 19.jpg
86K View Download 20.jpg
96K View Download 21.jpg
95K View Download 22.jpg
86K View Download 23.jpg
72K View Download 24.jpg
105K View Download 25.jpg
58K View Download 26.jpg
94K View Download 27.jpg
93K View Download 28.jpg
91K View Download 29.jpg
91K View Download 30.jpg
97K View Download

Forward

show details Nov 18 (4 days ago)

Hello Ron,
Can we please start this on Monday because today I'm very busy and I will not be able to start the shipping.
Thank you for your patience.
I hope this will not affect our transaction.
Thank you,
Chad

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:02:54 -0700- Show quoted text -

Forward

Ron Moore to Chad

Hi Chad, Not a problem......don.t worry, transaction is secure.

Ron- Show quoted text -

Forward

Thank you Ron.
Looking forward to have it shipped on Monday.
Have a great weekend.
Chad

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:29:37 -0700- Show quoted text -

Forward

show details Nov 21 (1 day ago)

Good morning Ron,
I will forward your info to Amazon Payments right now...you should receive the invoice within next hour.
Please keep me posted.
Also call me any time: (330) 863 8657
Looking forward to make this happen.
Thank you,
Chad

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:29:37 -0700- Show quoted text -

Forward

Ron Moore to Chad
show details Nov 21 (1 day ago)

Hi Chad, Got the invoice and will follow the Amazon instructions. I'll send you an email as soon as I complete the registration and put the funds in Escrow, should be shortly. Can't wait to see RV.

Ron- Show quoted text -

Forward

show details 12:34 PM (22 hours ago)

OK Ron,
You need to go to you bank and make a bank wire transfer.
Hopefully I will start the shipping today.
Please keep me posted.
Thank you,
Chad

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:35:46 -0700- Show quoted text -

Forward

Ron Moore to Chad
show details 12:54 PM (21 hours ago)

Chad, Just got off the phone with Amazon payments, they don't do vehicle transfers and they won't set up an Escrow, they pay websites using Amazon. Do you have a backup plan? Otherwise I'm afraid there's no way to get there from here.

Ron- Show quoted text -

Forward

show details 12:55 PM (21 hours ago)

LOL

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:54:13 -0700- Show quoted text -

Forward

People

Chad Browning
chriskis10@msn.com
»

RON AND COLETTE MOORE
colette_ron@msn.com
»

lindon67
lindon67@hotmail.com
»
Old 11-22-2011

Though some informative posts no longer exist, http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...t=11723&page=2

Executive summary to the best of my recollection is coach is at Parliament and pricing @250k
Old 11-23-2011

Ron,

I asked "Chris" for an address so I could go look at the bird. Told him I was in Akron, so it would be easy for me to come see it. I got another email from him asking if I needed pictures. I replied, "Nope, just an address.". Never heard from him again. Maybe if we keep tying him up, he'll get tired of the work and move on to something else!!

This bird was at Parliment, but was supposedly headed to a dealer in Arizona. He posted a couple of times a little while back. Haven't see of him since.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 11-23-2011

These cons are getting more and more sophisticated. The Nigerian scam business is growing and they are evolving like a bad disease. The only way to protect yourself is to follow several hard-and-fast rules that are difficult for them to circumvent.

a) Always see the vehicle in person prior to money changing hands
b) View the title and verify it's in the seller's name
c) Consider any on-line deal a potential scam until it proves itself legit
d) Realize there is no third party protection, it is completely up to you
e) If the vehicle is not parked on the legitimate owner's property, be sure there are no unsatisfied costs to release it
f) Dig for verifiable details of a person's identity. Where do they work? How long have they lived in that town? Can you see their driver's license?
g) Realize that any website can be an illusion, no matter how legitimate it appears

Scams usually have an element of "too good to be true" and urgency involved, but there are also deals that just turn sour because of titling issues, unknown mechanical problems and so on. I think the Cardinal Rule is, it's all up to you - do your homework - take time to think it through.

Make it a game, like bird watching. The spot the scam game. Just open up the auto section of Craigslist, it won't be too difficult.

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 11-23-2011
Beemer Tourer

Default Libby, Montana.

Just got an email back from "my ole buddy" Chris. He and the bird are now in Libby, Montana. I told him I was an hour away in Troy and I have not heard back from him either. My thatt boy do get around.
Old 11-23-2011

. That's absolutely hilarious!!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 11-23-2011
RV Appraiser

99.999% of the time if it sounds to be to good to be true it's a SCAM. I see them every day on Craig's List. Some Nigerian who has a gmail account trying to sale a 2010 Rubicon for $4995 or a Harley for $3995. It must worked at least once because you see these ads online every day. I love the email I get from the Barrister stating I am the long lost relative who just inhirted a million bucks. I usually send them an email back and tell them I don't need it but they can have it.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 11-23-2011

I tell them if they can't come up at least 100 million they are wasting my time.
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 11-23-2011

Default Scams

I enjoy playing their little game! I enjoy having them spend their money to send me their fake cashier's check- telling them that I would gladly send them back the "remaining fund after paying for the item plus shipping and handling! Then I forward their emails to the FBI. Some of the craigslisters in our area have decided to start having them send the cashiers check to the director of our local FBI office!

Jason Warner
Yukon, Oklahoma
1990 SP36
Old 11-23-2011
Beemer Tourer

Default Cheques in the mail

I actually had a guy send me two cheques cause I told him the first one must have got lost in the mail. Way too much spare time in the long Canadian winters!