Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 01-29-2012
Consistently clueless

Default Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40 or 45

Looking for a 1975-76 or 77 pretty much stock FJ-40 or FJ-45 with hard top. I'm not interested in any that have had the engine swap to a Chevy 350 or with jacked up suspensions. I'm wanting a stock vehicle and that little 2-F engine is all I need or want. The one alternative is if it has the little diesel engine they used in the Japanese and Brazilian models. I'd take that.

Condition isn't too much of an issue so long as cancer isn't too far out of control. A little rust can be fixed and everything else is rebuildable/restorable. Even a blown engine is okay unless the block is busted.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fj40.jpg
Views:	1966
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	14703   Click image for larger version

Name:	fj45.jpg
Views:	1736
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	14704  

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn B View Post
Looking for a 1975-76 or 77 pretty much stock FJ-40 or FJ-45 with hard top. I'm not interested in any that have had the engine swap to a Chevy 350 or with jacked up suspensions. I'm wanting a stock vehicle and that little 2-F engine is all I need or want. The one alternative is if it has the little diesel engine they used in the Japanese and Brazilian models. I'd take that.

or one that was in Canada it was a BJ42 with a 3b motor
Stay away from the 2H motor (6cylinder diesel) top speed slower than dirt
Japanese models are all right hand drive
I had both the HJ62 and the BJ 42
the BJ was a little tractor replaced the body with an aluminum one from British Columbia noisy but lots of fun Sat for 4 years replaced the batteries and Plates started and drove away

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 01-29-2012
Complete Greenhorn

Default how about 78?

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2808119266.html

1979 FC33 Buddy Luce's bus (looking for a name)

LARGE MARGE - She left me for another man
Old 01-30-2012
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
or one that was in Canada it was a BJ42 with a 3b motor
Stay away from the 2H motor (6cylinder diesel) top speed slower than dirt
Japanese models are all right hand drive
I had both the HJ62 and the BJ 42
the BJ was a little tractor replaced the body with an aluminum one from British Columbia noisy but lots of fun Sat for 4 years replaced the batteries and Plates started and drove away
I guess I should have said that it must be left hand drive. There weren't many imports from the Japan market but some are here. The Brazilian engine I mentioned is in the same family as the 2-H, but it was the 3-H. There was as much difference in those two engines as between the older gas 1-F and the later 2-F. All the difference in the world when climbing a hill or getting any speed on the highway and the reason I started my criteria in 1975. That was the first year for the 2-F, and 1977 was the last year without all the horsepower robbing pollution gizmos. Later on they came out with the 3-F which helped restore some of what the EPA had taken.

An interesting sidebar is that the F engine design is nothing more than the old, tough as nails Chevrolet 292 in-line 6. After WWII GM licensed the design to the Japanese as part of reconstruction. The only real difference is that the Japanese version is all metric. That little motor is what gave Toyota the leg up it needed to become a world power in automobiles.

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"

Last edited by Donn B; 01-30-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2012

I've looked at those toyotas and I've come to the conclusion a Jeep CJ would be a better pick. Two reasons. The Toyota's have become collector vehicles and even reasonable examples bring a really premium. In addition there is nothing you can't buy to fix a jeep. But they are nice.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 01-30-2012
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
I've looked at those toyotas and I've come to the conclusion a Jeep CJ would be a better pick. Two reasons. The Toyota's have become collector vehicles and even reasonable examples bring a really premium. In addition there is nothing you can't buy to fix a jeep. But they are nice.

Yeah, but where's the adventure in that?

You're correct about the collector value, but that is part of the reason I want one. Not only are they dynamite offroad vehicles, they are also car show fodder.

Old 01-30-2012

Hey, You don't have to talk me into it. I've got a garage full of the same lame excuses. If I'd quit buying stuff I would have no excuse to get up in the morning and drag my sorry old backside down to the tooth palace. Boy's and their toys.

When I was in the army back about 73 the NCO had a red one. Maybe five years old at the time. Always liked it. I'd sorta like to have an old Jeep to use as a toad but I am trying to push that to the back of my head because it would only start with and old Jeep. I know exactly how I work at stuff and by the time I'd be finished I'd do better just going in and buy a new one (or at least one a couple years old)

Like I said a reason to get up in the morning.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 01-30-2012
Consistently clueless

At the moment under the shed right next to where my bus parks you will find a 1931 slant window Model A coupe, a 1965 Chevy fleetside and a 1967 Camaro... all in various stages of disassembly/reassembly. Inside the shop are three motorcycles. My wood shop is packed with potential projects but after all the time its sat in disuse the arbor on my table saw is likely too rusted to turn.

Now I have a bus to work on and I'm searching for a Cruiser. Dadgum it, ain't life is good!

Old 01-30-2012
Forum owner

cool toys Donn!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-30-2012
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
cool toys Donn!
The '32 can see some light at the end of the Model A tunnel, but dang its expensive to do this stuff these days. If that isn't a train I see coming it would tickle me to be done by RATS and bring it for the car show.

Fingers crossed, but no promises.