Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-12-2012
Forum owner

Default Ball Joints/Meritor help needed.

Hey guys,some of you have been folowing the M380/M450 ball joint issues.
The ball joint boots go bad and Meritor has been no help at all.
Ryan is mking a mold to make new boots but the real issue is we will need ball joints one day.
Some members need them now.
Meritor has been blowing us off.

Chuck,Hish and others here have been calling Meritor about the ball joints.
Some of the tour type Birds need ball joints too and they have been calling and emailing Meritor.

Its time for all of us to get involved with this,all 380 and 450 owners and any other concerned member should email or call Meritor.
We have to do this so the value of the 380/450 coachs remains up.

Below is an email chain that Chuck has instigated with some people at Meritor.
Chuck will be along to tell us more.

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:54 PM
To: Ralph Ayala (rafael.ayala@veoliatransdev.com)
Subject: Meritor Ball Joints

Hello Ralph,

I have also sent this email chain to:
charles.mcclure@meritor.com , Chairman of the Board, C.E.O. & President
timothy.bowes@meritor.com , Vice President & President of Commercial Truck & Industries
Pedro.ferro@meritor.com , Vice President & President of Aftermarket & Trailers

Chuck Millsap
millsap@roadrunner.com
562 694 1252

Thanks, Ralph for getting involved in trying to get Meritor to start making these parts for our busses. Your involvement will be very helpful.

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:59 PM
To: 'Irvin, David M.'
Subject: RE: Meritor RIS16EFS IFS Parts

Hello Dave,

I am not aware of anyone trying to source these parts from you on my behalf. I have an order placed at Wetmores in San Diego for these parts but they have no other source but Meritor. There is no other source other that Meritor that I know of for these parts. It’s up to you guys to provide these parts for us. Please get Streparava to start making the parts again. Only Meritor has the ability to do that.

Chuck

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:33 PM
To: Chuck Millsap

Chuck,

I understand you've been working with other folks at Meritor here in the past. From what I understand, another buyer has been working on sourcing this item for you since our current supplier can no longer produce (double checking that just to be certain for you).

Sincerely,

David M. Irvin
Buyer - Aftermarket, N. America
MERITOR
859.525.3696 tel
859.525.3246 fax
david.irvin@meritor.com

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:06 PM
To: Irvin, David M.

Dear, Dave,

Sorry, Dave, but I will not limit my contact to get this resolved to Customer Service. I am intent on making sure that the powers that be at Meritor all the way to the Chairman of the Board get involved to solve Meritor’s refusal to provide desperately needed replacement parts to their customers.

Chuck

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:37 AM
To: Chuck Millsap; G.Longoni@streparava.com
Cc: Giusi Tengattini; Enrico Deltratti

Chuck,

I'm working on confirming that. The supplier needs to confirm if they can produce. In the past, we were notified that they could no longer produce, hence the response you've received from Meritor about obtaining the parts.

Please direct all contact through customer service going forward.

Dave

David M. Irvin
MERITOR
859.525.3696 tel
859.525.3246 fax
david.irvin@meritor.com

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:27 PM
To: Irvin, David M.; G.Longoni@streparava.com
Cc: 'Giusi Tengattini'; 'Enrico Deltratti'

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the information but I am not suggesting that you sell me those parts directly, I am trying to ascertain if Meritor has the parts #s A2110T1008 and A2110S1007 available period. No one that I know of has been able to get these parts from Meritor. “Wetmores” located in San Diego, CA which is a stocking user of these parts has had an order for 12 sets of these parts on order from the local Meritor Rep for nearly a year now and still cannot get a straight story from him regarding when and if these parts are going to be available. Many of the Wanderlodge owners have tried for several months through the normal routes to get these parts and no one has them available.

Please, Dave, we all need to know the true status of these parts. Do you have these parts available presently? If not, do you have Streparava or another source making these parts? If so, when can we expect they will be available?

I have read Meritor’s Mission and Vision. In those promises Meritor has vowed to “do the right thing” and to “do what’s right”. Please do not abandon your customers, some of us have paid upwards to a million dollars for our Wanderlodges and now face the possibility that our vehicles will not be drive able long before they are ten years old because Meritor has yet to provide the necessary replacement parts to keep them on the road.

Do what’s right; provide these desperately needed parts to your customers.

Sincerely,

Chuck Millsap
millsap@roadrunner.com
928 704 1263
562 694 1252
562 665 6800

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:51 AM
To: G.Longoni@streparava.com; Chuck Millsap
Cc: Giusi Tengattini; Enrico Deltratti

Chuck,

Please contact Meritor Customer Service as you would placing an order. I do not work direct with end customers and cannot take your orders.

Thanks,
Dave

David M. Irvin
MERITOR
859.525.3696 tel
859.525.3246 fax
david.irvin@meritor.com

From: G.Longoni@streparava.com [mailto:G.Longoni@streparava.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:07 AM
To: Chuck Millsap
Cc: Irvin, David M.; Giusi Tengattini; Enrico Deltratti
Subject: Meritor RIS16EFS IFS Parts

Dear Sir
with reference to your below e-mail, we don't deal directly with final users.
Therefore please let contact Meritor Customer Service about your request, please.
In this regards you can contact Mr. David Irvin, reading in cc, at:

David M. Irvin

MERITOR

859.525.3696 tel

859.525.3246 fax

david.irvin@meritor.com

Hoping this help, I pass my best regards
Guido Longoni
Sales Manager
Streparava SpA-Italy

Da: "Chuck Millsap" <millsap@roadrunner.com>
Per: <info@streparava.com>,
Cc: <sales@streparava.com>
Data: 09/12/2012 19:17
Oggetto: Meritor RIS16EFS IFS Parts

Dear Streparava,

I am contacting you in hopes that you can help us find a source for replacement parts for the subject suspension.
Meritor has been reluctant to help or provide these desperately needed parts.

The Meritor part #s are:
A2110T1008 Lower Ball Stud Assembly
A2110S1007 Upper Ball Stud Assembly

There are many busses on the road in the USA that need these parts. Wetmores, a parts house located in San Diego, CA that provides parts for Veolia Transportation’s busses has a large order of these parts placed with Meritor but cannot get Meritor to deliver. There are many Bluebird Wanderlodge mororhome owners trying to find these replacement parts.

Please help us to find a source for these parts. We will be very appreciative and grateful for any help you can give us.

Chuck Millsap
millsap@roadrunner.com
PH: 1-562 694 1252
PH: 1-928 704 1263
www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com
Le informazioni contenute in questa e-mail sono strettamente
confidenziali e riservate al solo destinatario, non ne e'
consentita la distribuzione, la copia e la loro diffusione.
Se l'avete ricevuta per errore vogliate cancellarla in modo
permanente e darcene notizia. Il contenuto di questo messaggio
e' analizzato automaticamente per ricercare eventuali virus.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is strictly
confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, please, delete this
message permanently and advise the sender. Messages and
attachments are scanned for all viruses known.

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of Meritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of Meritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

--
Randy Dupree wanderlodgeownersgroup.com

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-13-2012

There is strength in numbers, so if we pool our needs for ball joints, how many sets would that be? I only need the boots now but would buy a full set of ball joints for the future. If the OEM won't produce a batch or provide us drawings & specs, we have enough talent and connections in the WOG to reverse engineer and manufacture them.
Old 12-13-2012
Forum owner

Pressure on Meritor is what we need now.
Yes,we need spare parts,but to get them we need to put pressure on the supplier.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-13-2012
prone to wandering

I just wrote a short email to David Irvin, it reads;

Mr. Irvin
I am writing with regard to the unavailability of IFS parts for the Blue Bird Wanderlodge Meritor IFS. As a commercial consumer and Wanderlodge owner, I find the lack of parts availability for these suspensions unacceptable.
In my opinion, a good corporate citizen does not leave it's customers stranded with no replacement parts follow up. This is a situation that is incumbent on Meritor to fix, and fix fast.
Should this be what Meritor calls "Customer Service", then I will no longer spec Meritor products when adding equipment to our truck and trailer fleet.
Best regards
Jim Doel
President and C.E.O.
Jade Transportation Services
jdoel@bellnet.ca
www.jadetrans.com
jimdoel@me.com
Old 12-13-2012
Forum owner

Very nice Jim.

Question for you smart guys.
Would you think the ball joints are unsafe?
Maybe a recall is in order?
just sayin..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-13-2012
cmillsap

I received a phone call this morning from Shelly Beneteau who heads up Meritor’s Customer Service Department. She and I had a very productive conversation about the availability of these ball joints. She said that they are very close to having a new supplier for these parts. She explained that they are in negotiations with the potential new supplier and should know within a day or two the final outcome of those negotiations.

She has assured me that Meritor will stand behind their products and will provide these parts for us. She is asking that we be patient with Meritor while they work on getting a new source on board that will make these parts for us.

She has promised to keep me updated regarding the progress being made. She has asked for a discontinuance of emails and other correspondence during the interim.

Shelly also mentioned one important bit of information that Iveco may be making these same parts. She is following up on that to determine if that is in fact true.

Thankfully, we may be making progress. Now we will just have to wait while Shelly works on this for us. As I receive the information from her, I will in turn provide that information to you. Thanks for your support….

Chuck
Old 12-13-2012
Forum owner

Great!
Thanks Chuck!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-13-2012
Itchintogo

In situations like this where there has been no part supply for some time and the manufacturer has clearly been supply negligent for an extended period of time with no recall issued we have to wonder. With apparent little to no concern for consumers, taxpayers,fleet entities and indeed potentially public safety, I always have to ponder and simply marvel why after this history of negligence they conduct themselves like they are in a position of control and should tell their customers how to behave and when to speak and when not to.

To request a discontinuance of emails is disturbing."We have not dealt with this problem for a long time. Ahem, please don't complain as we don't like it. It makes us feel uncomfortable, and after all it is close to Christmas." Take that Mr. Consumer!

In between the lines one has to take into consideration if the legal beagles don't want much discussion on matters like these. It simply does not look good and results in emails.

I know they have had to read an email or two this last while and gosh that may be terribly inconvenient, especially at this time of year with all the Christmas cheer going on. I consider as well, if Meritor should pay for Motor home Rentals and Civic Bus fleet rentals for the civic, municipal and private consumers that can no longer safely operate their several hundred thousand dollar pieces of equipment in fleets and personally due to negligence of parts availability. But these issues are not considered as heavily as reading emails are. Drat those pesky emails!

The lack of customer service and discontinuance of parts is simply unacceptable. Indeed, these consumers have paid hard earned money for a product that should live up to the Vision and Mission Statement of the manufacturer and they have paid these monies in good faith. But if your going to send an email they may have to draw the line there and lose sight of your cash.

Conceivably, some individuals may not be able see each other this Christmas or on past occasions and in future occasions due to a lack of a serviceable transit bus or motor home. But I understand, why the manufacturer would ask for no more emails, as reading is truly inconvenient, again with all this Christmas stuff happening and haircuts and all. They don't value and won't consider the time and effort taken by you their paying customer to craft this customer feedback. All for a dilemna that should be a non issue in the first place, so after you have spent your money please don't spend your time at your expense crafting emails.

What happens if there is an accident due to a failure related to these parts? Has one happened already? We should investigate. We have lawyers here that know how to do that. Parts that should have been replaced but could not be because the manufacturer simply did not rectify this lack of supply. Perhaps they should change their Mission and Vision Statements to reflect these qualities and conduct. Then people would not have to write emails, they would know ahead of time. Everyone would save time! More haircuts!

It would be my desire that the solution is imminent and the recent "productive" discussion is exactly that "productive" and culminates in a critical path with a definite timeline for parts arrival and a cost estimate. All of those criteria need to be there.

Given the history of this situation if you don't receive a concise descriptive reply that outlines a critical path in the next day or so as promised I would report them to the US Consumer Watchdog and several other Government organizations including the DOT. I would also suggest a collective database of complaints be organized and established. These complaints then made public in a news release. Public safety may potentially be at risk.

Fleet managers are accountable to taxpayers and/or in some cases a board of directors for what may be millions of dollars of equipment that is unsafe or not servicable. Private individuals have made significant investments sometimes for the dream of a lifetime and adventure, only to be left abandoned and their dreams now periods of anguish and regret. Not only the the mental stress of this but the financial distress too as this equipment is not worth much as it is not serviceable. These become donor vehicles or retro fit vehicles. Serious situation. If the manufacturer got their cheque book out and paid for this they probably would not have to read as many emails. Easier to write cheques as there is someone in accounting that processes them and a machine that prints them complete with a signature. No muss no fuss and no emails.

Yes it is too bad a few emails have been sent and more exciting is perhaps maybe in some cases some time has even been spent reading them. The question is how much time has really been spent considering them and their perspective and impact when a discontinuance has been asked for? What do the CEO, CFO. Parts Manager of Meritor make for a salary? And they have to read emails too? If they had their way, apparently not.

Last edited by Itchintogo; 12-13-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2012
davidmbrady

Great job Chuck! Really outstanding work!
Old 12-13-2012
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchintogo View Post
In situations like this where there has been no part supply for some time and the manufacturer has clearly been negligent for an extended period of time with apparent little to no concern for consumers, taxpayers,fleet entities and indeed potentially public safety, I always have to ponder and simply marvel why after this history of negligence they conduct themselves like they are in a position of control and should tell their customers how to behave and when to speak and when not to.

To request a discontinuance of emails is disturbing."We have not dealt with this problem for a long time. Ahem, please don't complain as we don't like it. It makes us feel uncomfortable, and after all it is close to Christmas." Take that Mr. Consumer!

In between the lines one has to take into consideration if the legal beagles don't want much discussion on matters like these.

I know they have had to read an email or two this last while and gosh that may be terribly inconvenient, especially at this time of year with all the Christmas cheer going on. I consider as well, if Meritor should pay for Motor home Rentals and Civic Bus fleet rentals for the civic, municipal and private consumers that can no longer safely operate their several hundred thousand dollar pieces of equipment in fleets and personally due to negligence of parts availability. But these issues are not considered as heavily as reading emails are. Drat those pesky emails!

The lack of customer service and discontinuance of parts is simply unacceptable. Indeed, these consumers have paid hard earned money for a product that should live up to the Vision and Mission Statement of the manufacturer and they have paid these monies in good faith. But if your going to send an email they may have to draw the line there and lose sight of your cash.

Conceivably, some individuals may not be able see each other this Christmas or on past occasions and in future occasions due to a lack of a serviceable transit bus or motor home. But I understand, why the manufacturer would ask for no more emails, as reading is truly inconvenient, again with all this Christmas stuff happening and haircuts and all. They don't value and won't consider the time and effort taken by you their paying customer to craft this customer feedback. All for a dilemna that should be a non issue in the first place, so after you have spent your money please don't spend your time at your expense crafting emails.

What happens if there is an accident due to a failure related to these parts? Has one happened already? We should investigate. We have lawyers here that know how to do that. Parts that should have been replaced but could not be because the manufacturer simply did not rectify this lack of supply. Perhaps they should change their Mission and Vision Statements to reflect these qualities and conduct. Then people would not have to write emails, they would know ahead of time. Everyone would save time! More haircuts!

It would be my desire that the solution is imminent and the recent "productive" discussion is exactly that "productive" and culminates in a critical path with a definite timeline for parts arrival and a cost estimate. All of those criteria need to be there.

Given the history of this situation if you don't receive a concise descriptive reply that outlines a critical path in the next day or so as promised I would report them to the US Consumer Watchdog and several other Government organizations. I would also suggest a collective database of complaints be organized and established. These complaints then made public in a news release. Public safety may potentially be at risk.

Fleet managers are accountable to taxpayers and/or in some cases a board of directors for what may be millions of dollars of equipment that is unsafe or not servicable. Private individuals have made significant investments sometimes for the dream of a lifetime and adventure, only to be left abandoned and their dreams now periods of anguish and regret. Not only the the mental stress of this but the financial distress too as this equipment is not worth much as it is not serviceable. These become donor vehicles or retro fit vehicles. Serious situation. If the manufacturer got their cheque book out and paid for this they probably would not have to read as many emails. Easier to write cheques as there is someone in accounting that prints them off and a machine that prints them complete with a signature.

Yes it is too bad a few emails have been sent and more exciting is perhaps maybe in some cases some time has even been spent reading them. The question is how much time has really been spent considering them and their perspective and impact when a discontinuance has been asked for? What do the CEO, CFO. Parts Manager of Meritor make for a salary? And they have to read emails too? If they had their way, apparently not.
Ya what Gary said