Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-13-2012

I agree with Gary 100%.
This is not the time to back off with the pressure. If there is no positive "way ahead" given in the next couple of days, I would suggest that it will be time to crank up the emails.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 12-13-2012
Forum owner

at the very least we can email thanking them for their consideration in the matter.
Maybe even adding a link to this thread?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-14-2012
Timberlake Products Group

Food for thought... an old saying goes something like this "The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes it gets replaced"
Did the first, second or third tier suppliers of components to Hudson, Sunbeam, International Harvester or DeLorean or any other now defunct company owe the end consumer anything? We must keep in mind Wanderlodge was sold and then went bankrupt. Careful, well worded, positive diplomacy with a single representative might be the best approach to keeping our noses on our faces? We don't need to appear "Le Roi nu".

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 12-14-2012
cmillsap

While I tend to agree with most of Gary’s analysis of the situation, my hope, intent and goal here is to establish an ongoing source for these much needed parts for any and all M380 and M450 owners who need them. Further, it is to everyone’s benefit if we can accomplish this in a mutually respectful, civil and expeditious manner.

At this time, Meritor has promised to provide these parts and we need to take them at their word and give them the lead time required to do so.

Although we can speculate about other reasons why Meritor has been unable or neglectful in the past, Shelly explained that they were surprised by the unexpected loss of their ongoing source (Streparava) for the parts. She also stated that they only had a total of 3 orders in the house which was in the backorder status. Consequently, they (Meritor) were not aware that there was such a large need for replacement ball joints. Shelly also explained that finding an alternate source not been easy and has required time.

We should let this play out as it stands presently. Now is not the time to antagonize and alienate the personnel at Meritor. The probable reason why Shelly asked for less correspondence from irate or demanding customers (including myself) is that Meritor officials and attorneys may become overly concerned with the activity and decide to halt any work that has been started on the project for several reasons.

I hope all of you agree that would not be in our best interests. At this time, we do not need a long and drawn out process involving other entities to force Meritor to provide these parts. That could take years while your bus sits on jacks.

So let us try it the easy way first, we are making progress, Meritor has agreed to provide the parts. That’s all we want. If it doesn’t work out, then we can look at other options.

Chuck
Old 12-14-2012

Chuck, I am in the dispute resolution business and agree with your comments above. The only thing I would add is that they should provide you or our contact on this issue with a "get back to you" date and in a show of good faith they should get back to you - so you can report to the other interest parties - even if only to say we are still working on it, expect to have the problem resolved by X date and will get back to you on or before that date. Action and communications are necessary elements of good faith.
Old 12-14-2012
Forum owner

Thanks guys.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-14-2012
davidmbrady

Once again, it looks like we have the expertise on this forum to handle this problem. Great work everyone!
Old 12-14-2012
Itchintogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmillsap View Post
While I tend to agree with most of Gary’s analysis of the situation, my hope, intent and goal here is to establish an ongoing source for these much needed parts for any and all M380 and M450 owners who need them. Further, it is to everyone’s benefit if we can accomplish this in a mutually respectful, civil and expeditious manner.

At this time, Meritor has promised to provide these parts and we need to take them at their word and give them the lead time required to do so.

Although we can speculate about other reasons why Meritor has been unable or neglectful in the past, Shelly explained that they were surprised by the unexpected loss of their ongoing source (Streparava) for the parts. She also stated that they only had a total of 3 orders in the house which was in the backorder status. Consequently, they (Meritor) were not aware that there was such a large need for replacement ball joints. Shelly also explained that finding an alternate source not been easy and has required time.

We should let this play out as it stands presently. Now is not the time to antagonize and alienate the personnel at Meritor. The probable reason why Shelly asked for less correspondence from irate or demanding customers (including myself) is that Meritor officials and attorneys may become overly concerned with the activity and decide to halt any work that has been started on the project for several reasons.

I hope all of you agree that would not be in our best interests. At this time, we do not need a long and drawn out process involving other entities to force Meritor to provide these parts. That could take years while your bus sits on jacks.

So let us try it the easy way first, we are making progress, Meritor has agreed to provide the parts. That’s all we want. If it doesn’t work out, then we can look at other options.

Chuck
First off Andy Rooney died so someone has to step in. I hope you had a chuckle as well as reading the analysis.

I agree with Chuck and support his approach. I agree will civility and let it play out. I am merely suggesting if they don't come through as Shelley explained then a new approach needs to be adopted as this song and dance is old. This has already been long and drawn out ordeal and apparently there are busses up on jacks now so there isn't much to lose.

Surprised their supplier went broke...yes the people of New Jersey were surprised recently and the people of Joplin too. How long can you play that card really? This is years old.

In their business they needs parts from day one. Life,accidents and curbs happen so I don't buy the "we didn't know they were needed" line either.

Here is their Org Chart. http://www.theofficialboard.com/org-chart/arvinmeritor

No shortage of people. Does anyone know if they took some of the money that was passed out a few years back? That would be cool to know.

Anyway I hope it works out very quickly and they are serious about getting the job done because I think Randy could probably have taken one of the spares he has to MOOG by now and had that figured out. Wonder what all that management does all day?

Sign me straight axle and king pins forever!
Old 12-14-2012
Forum owner

I just got a call from Chuck.
Meritor has found a supplier for the joints.
They want to know how many we need,they can ship almost anytime.
So,what we need to do now is set up a dealer,or someone to take the order when its shipped,and then in turn ship the parts out to the end user,you guys.
Chuck suggested Stephen as the ship to company,and as the guy to ship the parts out.
Now,Stephen has to make money on this,so we all need to keep that in mind.

Whos ready to order a set of ball joints,if you want a set you need to be ready to give up your credit card info so we can make an order with Meritor.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-14-2012
Forum owner

heres some info from Chuck,sent to me by email.

Shelly (Meritor) called me today to let me know that they believe they have found a supplier in Europe who is making the replacement Ball Joints. She was referred to that company by Streparava. That company is making these parts for the European coaches. That may be a coach manufacturing company named Iveco. Shelly also said she believes these parts are an improved version of the original design and should be very serviceable on our coaches.

Shelly was inquiring as to how many coaches are in immediate need for these parts with the intention of having them air freighted to those individuals.

Now that we have determined that several of our busses have boots that need replacing, how many of us are willing to purchase a replacement set of the ball joints if and when they become available? I believe it would be a good idea that we secure a large quantity of the replacement ball joints together and place a combined master order at Meritor. I believe that if you are a M380 or M450 owner; you should order these 2 sets of ball joints to have as spares whether you need them presently or not. That will help guarantee that your bus will be roadworthy for many years to come. This would also support our insistence that Meritor make the parts available to us now.

Obviously, not all M380s & M450s will need the ball joints replaced right now but many may need them replaced sometime in the future. I do not need to replace my M380’s ball joints presently but I already have an order placed for both the upper and lower sets at a Wetmores which I can convert to a direct order to Meritor Customer Service.

The cost for the sets is going to be expensive. Meritor’s present price is $1324.06 for the lower set and $828.38 for the upper set. The price may or may not go up due to the additional expense Meritor may experience. That is cheap insurance that your M380 or M450 will not become drivable.

Stephen Birtles (Dupree Products) is willing to take this on and place the master order with Meritor but he needs to know how many of you are willing to place an order with him and pre pay the cost.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com