Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Exclamation Adding the Topic in the TITLE of your posted Reply

I would like to ask all of you a small favor that shouldn't be that difficult to meet. When you are replying to a subject in any thread using the option, please enter the subject of your reply in the Title box that is just below Reply to Thread.

Sometimes there are many topics discussed in a thread and having the part of the thread that you are replying to stated in the Title of your Reply makes it easier to follow and it will also aid in any search that is tried on that topic in the future.

Sometimes the same topic has been discussed in the past and by doing a Search will come up with some more helpful information on the same topic and by adding the topic of discussion in the Title of your reply, will make the search more effective and it only takes a few seconds to do that.

As an example, let's say that a member wants information about what size alternator is on his 'Bird and should he upgrade it to a larger one? Then in the same thread he talks about the windows are difficult to slide open and closed and is there a fix for that? Finally he asks about what size tires came from the factory on his 'Bird and can he put a bigger size tire on his 'Bird?

Well, we have an Mechanic's Corner > Electrical issue on the alternator topic, a Mechanic's Corner > General issue on the windows and finally we have a Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes and Suspensions issue with the tires. You can see how adding the topic of your reply will help. In an ideal world these three issues would be already asked in separate threads in the correct sub-forums, but we know that isn't always going to happen and we really don't ever expect it to happen either.

You can go one step further by adding Tags to either your Threads or Reply to Thread, by going to just below the Message edit box and adding those tags that you feel represent what you are discussing in the Tags Box, just like I did. Then when any thread is posted about any of the suggested Tags that I have placed there, then when you read the forum on the Internet web site, the forums software will automatically place a link to this thread at the very bottom of a Thread that is discussing any of the Tags, that I have entered. the next time that you are reading a thread on the forum's Internet web site, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a section titled Similar Threads with some more threads that may contain similar topics, sometimes they are not correct, but it only takes one or two words in a thread for the software to list it there, it is just another tool that can help sometimes.

By just doing a simple thing as adding that topic in the Title of your reply, or that Tag will help in the future when you may be the one searching for that topic that you remember being discussed, but you just can't remember when, where, or by whom.

Thanks for your help.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Closed Thread