Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-10-2015

Default Winegard Travler

My winegard travler has a problem. HD directv receivers. Everything's been working fine up to the other day. As I was leaving Apex,NC I noticed the dish didn't stow. I get a sk motor stalled message on the display. The book says there is something obstructing the travel. I might have disconnected the power to unit before it had a chance to completely stow initially. winegard had me try a stow realign procedure that didn't help.
There's not much info online. And their answer seems to be, remove it and send it to us for repair. Anyone have any idea how I can get a look inside
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920

Last edited by iamflagman; 05-10-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Edited title at Kip's request
Old 05-10-2015

I have had the same thing happen when I disconnected shore before it stowed completely . I reconnected power let the dish reboot then it stowed . Last summer I talked with a man who's dish was stuck same thing his wife had killed power to the dish when it was part way up . I told what worked for me the next day his dish was clear up. Dennis
Old 05-10-2015

when I left NC I had to manually stow it. What a pain.... When I got here I tried to set it up and it stalled again, but did stow itself. When the weather clears I will try again and cross my fingers
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 05-26-2015

I tried my trav'lr in MYR last week with no luck. Winegard isn't very forthcoming with info online. I keep getting a.......sk motor stalled.....message. After a couple of tries I got the dish to stow. Before I try again I'd like to find a procedure to home or initial set position. The dish was working perfect before disconnecting the power before the stow cycle finished. Winegard customer service wants me to remove the unit and send it to them and they will let me know how much to fix it.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 05-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
I tried my trav'lr in MYR last week with no luck. Winegard isn't very forthcoming with info online. I keep getting a.......sk motor stalled.....message. After a couple of tries I got the dish to stow. Before I try again I'd like to find a procedure to home or initial set position. The dish was working perfect before disconnecting the power before the stow cycle finished. Winegard customer service wants me to remove the unit and send it to them and they will let me know how much to fix it.
Just do as they say - after all they are the x-purts
Attempting to acquire knowledge is not good for us retarded/retired folks
BTW, KC's orange meds can temporally increase brain function Just like agent orange
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 05-26-2015
Geek

Kip, I have a friend who until recently was a traveling instructor for Winegard, teaching dealers and installers. I passed your post on to him and this was his response:

"If he is able to do the calibrate EL routine (instructions in the manual), it should fix the problem. However, the Skew stall can be a bad problem and may require the unit to be shipped back to Winegard for repairs."
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 05-26-2015

Thanks Don and pass it along to your friend. It's probably broke but I wanted to see if I could reset the system. Ill try that first.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920