Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 01-31-2009
Forum owner

i talked to Macy today,i think the place is closed,who knows for how long.
hes doing his best to get it back open,theres a few things happening thats out of his control,the economy is one.
All i can say is to call before you drive,Macys phone # and email is on this site.
i think the closing was done on friday,they sure as **** didnt want to close it,they spent a lot of money for the chance to bring BB back from nothing.
but just look at all the other big coach companys that are closed or closing,country coach,marathon and lots of others.
i just read where sears and target will most likely close this year along with eddie bauer and a few others i can't remember.
its a sign of the times,thats for sure.
one big differance between sears and coachworks,sears is losing the shareholders money,coachworks lost there own money,they are privately held.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-31-2009

Sad news for sure. Being a company owner my self I do understand. I hope they have some cash in reserve so they have capatial to reopen when times are better.

Bob & Noelle Buscher
The Dog House
2006 M450 LXi
Elkhorn, NE
Old 02-01-2009
Administrator

Again "Good Advice" from wise Ole John,
More reasons that this Forum is really important and valuable to BB owners.
Thanks to Randy , John, & Rob, to have the Foresight to build this great tool. And thanks to the many posters that contribute their time, knowledge and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
It hasn't happened here on this forum yet, but before everybody jumps on the wagon and starts to predict the future, why don't we give Macy a chance to reply in his own time. I would rather hear the story from him rather than a lot of speculation about what may or may not be happening with Blue Bird. Starting a THE SKY IS FALLING prediction going on here, isn't going to help any, I think we all need to take a breath and step back a few paces and let Macy explain what is going on.
Old 02-01-2009

Default BB Coachworks Closed....

Lets hope that this situation is temporary. In the meanwhile, someone has said that Kenny Rodgers and Glenn Rogers are at Coachcraft by Macdonald. Is that info correct?
Old 02-01-2009
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentmac View Post
Marathon closing???? Haven't read that anywhere. Rumour or fact?
The terms "closed" and "closing" are being somewhat loosely applied. Marathon has been in a shutdown most of the time since October, and now is in an "on-and-off" status, open some weeks and closed others. Monaco and Country Coach have been on extended shutdown, with Monaco theoretically opening again tomorrow, although the service facility in Harrisburg is scheduled to remain closed at least another month.

None of the three are officially out-of-business. Similarly, there is no reason to assume "closed" at Blue Bird means out-of-business until we hear that officially.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 02-01-2009
hturner 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
It hasn't happened here on this forum yet, but before everybody jumps on the wagon and starts to predict the future, why don't we give Macy a chance to reply in his own time. I would rather hear the story from him rather than a lot of speculation about what may or may not be happening with Blue Bird. Starting a THE SKY IS FALLING prediction going on here, isn't going to help any, I think we all need to take a breath and step back a few paces and let Macy explain what is going on.
On the news last night or the night before last there was a story on Bluebird having trouble. It did not mention CCW or Wanderlodge.
Here is a link to the story. It is not a closure it is a layoff. http://tinyurl.com/df7gd4 we can not jump into panic mode just because we hear something about Bluebird. I think we are getting into chicken little mode. We also need to remember that bluebird is not directly tied to Wanderlodges.
Old 02-01-2009

I have not called Coachcraft recently. However, I have heard from more that one source that both Kenny and Glenn are there. I have used Coachcraft and they do good work.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 02-01-2009

Hunter, the two stories are separate, Wanderlodge has ceased operations on Friday and Blue Bird the school bus manufacturer has had layoffs. On Ernie's forum Macy said he does not know what is next for Wanderlodge.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 02-01-2009
Forum owner

i have talked to glenn.and he is at coachcraft.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-01-2009
hturner 12

Default CCW closure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Hunter, the two stories are separate, Wanderlodge has ceased operations on Friday and Blue Bird the school bus manufacturer has had layoffs. On Ernie's forum Macy said he does not know what is next for Wanderlodge.
Macy may or may not post anything else on the other board. I just read the postings from what I could tell he very upset for CCW bashing. Business is Business no need to post in public negativity.