Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 02-24-2009
Can't re-member

Folks,
Here's a thought. I wonder if one of the RV dealerships would have an interest in pursuing purchasing the parts? Perhaps with our encouragement that here is a group that will be needing parts for a long to to come (and I am refering to Wanderlodge specific parts, not common truck parts) that it may be a worthy investment for someone. For instance as we know most of Bleakley's crew is ex-Wanderlodge and alot of 'bird owners use them for service. Well if they had the stock of Wanderlodge specific parts (stored elsewhere obviously) there would be a long time demand. Some examples that come to mind are window frames, bay doors (to replace one that may be beyond fixing), fiber glass parts for later models, headlight assemblies for the later models etc. Needless to say they need to see that it would be worth their investment and no one can make promises. But hearing perhaps that there is a large group of us and that there will be a demand for "unobtanium" parts may be just the incentive that they need to hear.
I don't know, it might be a dumb idea but at this point I think any and all ideas are valid to hear......

John

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 02-24-2009
Rooster

Default Fort Valley

There should be enough money in this group to buy the joint. Hire back Jesse and some of the boys and put Allen Barbee in charge. The money is no good in the bank, and Wanderlodge brand is better than gold. Gold is purchased high and sold when things improve. This would be bought right, and a chance at being great. pk

Last edited by iamflagman; 02-24-2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: edited out political comment
Old 02-24-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Please add a signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
There should be enough money in this group to buy the joint. Hire back Jesse and some of the boys and put Allen Barbee in charge. The money is no good in the bank, and Wanderlodge brand is better than gold. Gold is purchased high and sold when things improve. This would be bought right, and a chance at being great. pk

Peter,

You have been around long enough to already know this, but I'll remind you anyway, please add a permanent signature, check out How To Post A New Topic Message Or A Reply To A Topic and Add Your Signature

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-24-2009
Forum owner

i for one would be interested in buying the parts.
but at this point its a waiting game,for now.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-24-2009
ernie ekberg

Tommy- lest you forget my group- which has 1500+ members. we are all in this together.
Ernie
Old 02-24-2009
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie ekberg View Post
Tommy- lest you forget my group- which has 1500+ members. we are all in this together.
Ernie
ernies right,his gruop is the biggest of all.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-24-2009
ernie ekberg

Randy, I'm gonna put my colors in my signiature line--"old boring brown and gold with a hint of primer" VBG!!
Old 02-24-2009

Default Ft. Valley Shut Down

Ernie, sorry didn't mean to slight you. I will send my post to your site.

By the way everyone, I have been a lawyer for 45 years, now a prosecutor, but I might have a little ability in this area since I handled bankruptcy cases years ago. I am volunteering to add my expertise as limited as it may be. I know there are some other lawyers out there that might want to help.
Old 02-24-2009
davidmbrady

(1) I imagine the bank may see the most value in property, plant, and equipment.
(fixed assets).

(2) The bank is probably also interested in patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names,
(intangibles).

(3) The bank is also probably interested in parts, new and vintage (if any),
(current assets).

(4) I'm interested in everything that gets dumped in the dumpster. Everything that lined
Bennie's Walls, computers, archives, build sheets, schematics, service manuals, parts
manuals, vendor lists and ids. The stuff that we vintage people really need to either
debug our buses, track down a part, or have a part manufactured, (worthless to anyone
but us).

The bank would not have much use for (4), only us vintage folks. Nobody in the
outside world really cares how a 1983FC is put together. This is the stuff we should be
able to get, digitize, and make available to all.

I think as a group we need to narrow our scope to (4) above. If an enterprising individual
wants to tackle (1), (2), or (3), more power to them. (3) may be a possibility for the group,
but some kind of coop or group assisted purchase is needed. This seems complex and messy. The
stuff that's gonna get thrown out is where we should be. I'm ready to help any way I can.
Old 02-24-2009

Default Fort Valley Shut Down

I guess we are now all owners of Collector Editions. My biggest concern is bumper covers. I hope Randy or Steve will pull a mold off an LXi and make them out of fiberglass. BB had no inventory as of Jan 09.