Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 05-06-2018

Default No Hot Water in 88WB

Took the coach to a campground fairly close to our home this weekend. everything was great until evening and found we had no hot water anywhere in coach. I didn't have internet coverage so I couldn't research the issue with WOG. I also don't have a detailed plumbing drawing in my blue box.

My water heater is located at floor level under the bathroom sink. The threads I read mostly say the versa valve is mounted on the back side of WH curb side near the wall. To even access the WH back side i would have to almost totally gut the bathroom cabinet. I'm hoping the versa valve is mounted in the spot under the bed near the sporland valve. Does anyone know for sure where the versa valve is located on a 1988 WLWB?

I also read about someone pumping vinegar into the water to cleanout the versa valve but didn't actually see any results posted of that exercise.
Most likely I'm gong to travel back to the bus in the am with the new information from WOG. I have in hopes of making a repair and not having to tear the bathroom apart. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-06-2018
Administrator

Is this HWH original equipment? Picture?
Not aware of a HWH under the sink.
Old 05-06-2018

It certainly looks like its been there a long time.
Old 05-06-2018

Cant see anything from bathroom end except metal. No tag no number visible. A piece of duck tape with 1988 WB in marker on top. If its not the HW heater i guess im even more stumped. I cant really believe Bluebird engineers would intall a WH in such a location. Im headed up there in the morning wirh different tools and mirrors.
Old 05-06-2018

Let's start simple. Is the breaker on for the hot water heater? In addition to the breaker, mine also has a switch in a rear closet that needs to be switched on.
VB 1570
Old 05-06-2018

Yes the breaker and the red switch were both on. The wh flll swich was also in position.
Old 05-06-2018

Had the same issue when I first got my coach. Turned out the element was fried. Learned you need to run the water through before turning it on or the cold water will crack the element.
VB 1570
Old 05-06-2018

That may have happened. I turned off breaker when i realized no water flow through hot water side. Checked fush in betroom cabinet for overheating like no water flow. Fuse was good. Where is your Hw beater located?
Old 05-06-2018

Marcus where is your HW heater located?
Old 05-06-2018

On my 88 WB the hot water tank was in a cubby hole in the rear closet on the street side. There was a small access hole just big enough to get your head and one shoulder in
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920