Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 10-16-2019

Default Looking for my first WanderLodge...

Hi, my name is Shawn, and I’m ready.

I have looked at a couple, but I feel they overpriced and super tired.

Will you help?
Old 10-16-2019

More information regarding your hopes and dreams would be helpful, particular model, budget, things like that.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 10-16-2019

Thanks for replying... I would like to keep the price at $50K or less, but if the right one came along, I can go higher, especially if it has been well maintained and is ready to go.

I am going to live in it. I am downsizing as we speak, and it needs to happen over the next couple months.

I like the more classic models like the WB, PT, and even the BMC.

I am very handy, having flipped houses and worked on classic cars, but I know nothing about diesels except for what I have researched.
Old 10-16-2019

Wish you could somehow get to Pine Mountain GA. Saturday is the last day. You would get a very good idea of what you are looking at. You may find a 'classic' in your price range (not here) if you keep looking. But to be sure, you would have to put money into a deal like that to make it safe and reliable. They (even the newer ones like my 03) take maintenance and at time, have problems that take professional help. Click on Buy Bye Blue bird at the top of the page to go to the sales group of this association. Look at what is for sale and look at prior sales to get a better idea of what they have sold over the years. Give you some food for thought. Sometimes people find out right steals. One I knew of was a 98 (approx) Lx in Fl. The folks that found her in a storage yard, paid somewhere around 10,000$.With some new battries and a few tires they drove it up the east coast to the North East. Mechanically is was in decent shape, but the interior was 'tired' as you put it. Something like that, you have to work on it for a while and invest in it to get it to a comfortable and safe condition. They do hold their value more than most any other coaches out there. You get your money back if you restored one. As long as you got in at a very good value and had something good bones.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 10-16-2019

Thank you, Chris. Yes, I wish I could have gotten down to Georgia.

I'm not sure I understand your advice in the post.

Are you saying I will not find a good "classic" for $50K? Are you saying I should look for something newer, that the classics take too much maintenance?

I should have also mentioned I am going to be parked more months at a time, and I am aware that there will be some maintenance. I am open for a phone conversation if anyone is interested.
Old 10-16-2019

Start with a call to Randy
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-16-2019

Thank you, Crit. I have done that.
Old 10-16-2019

[QUOTE=GridIronBDog;467452]Thank you, Chris. Yes, I wish I could have gotten down to Georgia.

I'm not sure I understand your advice in the post.

Are you saying I will not find a good "classic" for $50K? Are you saying I should look for something newer, that the classics take too much maintain.

Oh no. I am sorry if I confused you. Somebody just came on the WOG tonight with a junk yard save that they were able to drive home with a little work at a very good price. Look for it and it may give give you some hope. These coaches all take constant care. Not just the old. Mine is a 03. I have 20K into her for the basic stuff to get her going. I just made my first 500 mile trip towing my TOAD (little car). In a few days its back home. That is what these coaches were built for. Time is hard on all things. Also it can come down to who owned it, how well they took care of it etc. Thing is, if your looking to get into the lifestyle on the low, your going to have to keep in mind that your going to find a coach that needs work. That you can do over time and that right there makes it possible to do this. You said you are handy and I dare say you will expand your skill set with a Wanderlodge.

I should have also mentioned I am going to be parked more months at a time, and I am aware that there will be some maintenance. I am open for a phone conversation if anyone is interested.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 10-16-2019

Default Look at a small bunch of them.

Shawn
After looking for around 8 months I finally purchased a 1996 WB40 in California. I live in California and the selection near me is sparse to none. I traveled to Illinois, Arizona, Florida, and southern California to look at Birds. The travel costs made my end budget higher than I wanted. But this is a vehicle that I plan on keeping for a long time. Don't be afraid to walk away if it doesn't feel right. Even when the owner cuts the price 10K as you are getting into your rental car. Be strong and walk away. If it sells to someone else it wasn't meant to be. If the seller doesn't know what all the buttons in the cockpit operate, walk away! When you find the right one you will know. Trust me I did. And my wife and I always say " Can you believe we almost bought that other One? What were we thinking?" I

DM me if you would like to talk about current prices and maybe I have looked at one you are wanting to go see. I could save you a trip. But I will say that the proverbial 10K first year is reality unless you want to pay a premium for a highly maintained WOG owned coach.
“LUCKY 27”
Old 10-16-2019

Thank you, Erwin, I may have to take you up on that.

I spoke with Randy tonight, he had some good advice, and I'm looking closely at a couple on his website.