Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 08-03-2019

Question Does Anyone Know Anything About This 1995?

Hello all, my wife and I are looking to become Wanderlodge owners in the near future and we looked at the one listed in this link: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/199...43--5008200292
Do any of you recognize it or know any of it's history? It has had the bed removed and a set of child sized bunks installed.
We're pretty handy but sourcing the necessary parts to put it back to original is a concern. It has other issues as well but this one seems the most obvious to a newbie. What do you think?
Old 08-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by edleeseng View Post
Hello all, my wife and I are looking to become Wanderlodge owners in the near future and we looked at the one listed in this link: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/199...43--5008200292
Do any of you recognize it or know any of it's history? It has had the bed removed and a set of child sized bunks installed.
We're pretty handy but sourcing the necessary parts to put it back to original is a concern. It has other issues as well but this one seems the most obvious to a newbie. What do you think?
Welcome to another Hoosier. I don't know anything about this bus, but for some reason when I saw the pic of the bunks in the bedroom that rang a bell. But I can't put it together. I wished I could be more help, but maybe if I do some searching or someone else will come along and know something about it. You are always welcome to come up north to look over my coach and get some ideas if you are a total virgin on Wanderlodges. Good luck in your search.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 08-03-2019

Here's a thread from November of last year where it was discussed.
At the end of that thread are links to a few more past threads.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=32792

Marc Pease
New Haven, CT
1991 TC2000 (sold)
1982 FC35SB "Rollin' Old School"

marc@marcpease.com
Old 08-04-2019

The queen bed on a pedestal is all the master seems to need put back. I look at one that is original and take lots of pics to you know how it goes together and works. You can see we (I am new this year so it's Randy) have been watching this one for a while. I have it looked over by an independent shop for a second opinion then use the history here to drive that price down if you can. Your going to need that money to fix this old gal up. I just bought a 2003 Lx and promptly put close to 20,000$ into it getting it right. They are not cheap. Winnebago's on the other hand ...
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_in_CT View Post
Here's a thread from November of last year where it was discussed.
At the end of that thread are links to a few more past threads.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=32792
Yes Marc got it. I knew there was something familiar about it and now I recall that it has been for sale for a long time and the price went up. I'm thinking that since you aren't sure about yourself, you need to have someone that understands Birds to look at it. There is always a risk when buying a Bird but that risk becomes much greater when nobody knows it or its history. You might consider working with Randy on one that he has listed or may have coming up.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 08-04-2019

Default Thanks for the replies!

Some of the items mentioned in the thread you posted are still not addressed. I have an inspector coming tomorrow afternoon to look at it. Problem is, I don’t know if he has a background in bluebirds. We’ll see how that goes. My wife and I have a background in restoring a vintage argosy travel trailer and motorhome. However, this thing could eat them for breakfast!
I have inquired about a couple of other bluebirds but one soul right after I contacted the seller and the other, in Silt, Colorado, went silent on me as soon as I started asking questions.
ISP 2952 we may just take you up on your offer to take a look at what a bluebird is supposed to be like! Thanks!
Old 08-04-2019
Administrator

Welcome Edward,

Find a way to attend the Pine Mountain Rally , every year & model will be present, Call the campground there are places to stay near-by if full. Meet owners and learn a lot.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=33040
Old 08-05-2019

Default Waiting on the results

Well, I’m waiting for the inspectors report. It will have to be pretty magical for me to move on it. I did learn that the current owner drove the unit to Alaska and back since he bought it. I can verify that to some extent because it shows approximately 20,000 more miles on it than it did when it was for sale in Florida. It certainly went somewhere! I would also assume that some of the systems that were having issues have been addressed. Of course, I can’t be guaranteed of that until I see the report. I can’t imagine going to Alaska with heating problems and braking problems and airbag problems. If those were still in existence it would’ve been a miserable trip! My thinking is there will be additional units popping up for sale for my consideration. Oh well, as you have said patience…

Last edited by edleeseng; 08-05-2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Wrong word used
Old 08-06-2019

Smile 1995 Bluebird

Hello all,
Reading through the thread I thought I would express my own thoughts. My grandfather purchased this Bluebird in 2016 as at the time his health was declining and wanted to go on one more big family trip with his brothers and I to the one state (Alaska) he had yet to see. Prior to the trip the many issues you are discussing were fixed with a couple small trips to a shop in Michigan.We had heat to keep us warm on the cold Canadian nights and the brakes and airbags worked extremely well for the coach had to be safe for the amount of mountains and rough roads we traveled. We made it to and from Alaska without any issues. Also might I add it survived the trip from Florida to Ohio. The bunk beds came with the coach when he purchased it and he decided to leave them for the amount of people who attended this trip. The trip was not miserable instead it was one of the most breathtaking experiences I got to experience with the most important person in my life. Although he is not a bluebird expert and had little knowledge about them prior to the purchase he learned as he went and fixed any known issues. The bus did its job for what we needed it to do. He can tell you everything he knows and everything he did to the bus to fix any of the issues he was aware of. Also he has an entire box full of everything ever done to the bus and all of the information from prior owners. The bus may not be for everyone but it sure gave me some amazing memories and I myself will be sad to see it go one day. Instead of seeking false information on the internet you might want to contact the person who actually owns it for information and or a mechanic who has experience with Bluebirds. Have a good day.
Old 08-06-2019

Thanks for sharing. I miss my granddad. He was not much of a camper, but he did take me along when I was a teen to some of his business trips to Chicago, Philadelphia, New York and the Catskills. I hope to take my grand kids on some epic road trip like that one day in my Wanderlodge.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835