Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-05-2019

Default Cockpit A/C fan motor

Lately, when I haven't driven the Coach for a while the cockpit A/C fan will not come on when I turn the switch; this is true for cool and hot. If I leave the switch in the on position and drive off it will eventually start blowing air. At first it goes on for 10 or 15 minutes, then goes off, then comes on again several minutes later. This cycle repeats for some time with the intervals become less until it eventually works the way it is suppose to. During this time it sometimes sounds like the fan is speeding up and slowing down, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Anyway, if I use the fan regularly there is no problem, but if I don't the above cycle repeats itself. I don't think it is a bad electrical connection because the problem goes away with regular use. My sense is it may be a fan motor issue that once it warms up goes away. Any thoughts about this? Also where is the fan motor located?

Thanks, Dennis
Old 09-05-2019

Dennis:

If I remember correctly the fan in behind the fuse panel that is on your right as you enter the coach. (Next to the steps and behind the door in front of the passenger.) Not easy to get to. I would suspect a little lubrication would go a long way to solving your problem.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 09-05-2019

The bus was built around the front AC/Heating module, tuff job to get to the fan, dash cover has to come off, I don’t recall any access panels in the housing..good luck
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 09-05-2019

Thanks Marv and Lance. I suspect Marv is right about some oil. I'll have to put this on my to-do list. When the A/C - Heater baffle failed on my toad, the part was about $5 or so, but the entire dash including the steering wheel had to be dissembled to get at it. The dealer wanted $3K, and I ended up having a private mechanic do the job for half.
Old 09-23-2019

I'm going to tackle getting to the a/c fan in the next week or so. Does the top of the dash have to come off or the side dash panel or both? Does the top lift off after you undo the screws below the screw covers? I can see the fan filters behind the access door next to the 12V breaker panel in the cockpit and the fan or a/c ducting; seems to me the fan motor should be nearby. Thanks
Old 09-23-2019

I hope this helps, long)
1. Remove the camera/radio panel, disconnect both, remove the screws for the blue capacitor, and possibly another screw both on the right side, and remove 4 screws along the top side under the screw tops.
2. The dash top is held down with plastic pins, use a thin gasket scrape to feel for the pins, and shear them off.
I pulled up on the top, and carefully pulled it to the right, and back. Be careful not to damage the top.
Now Dennis, good luck, as I’ve mentioned I’ve didn’t see any access panels to get to the fan.
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 09-24-2019

Thanks Lance, I'll report back after I tackle this. Dennis
Old 09-24-2019

Hey Dennis, please post pics and descriptions of what you “discover” as you gain access. I’ve got a winter project to do some work on the chassis HVAC vacuum doors. Old repair notes in my Bluebox say I’ll be on a fool’s errand, but I’m a masochist when it comes to tackling impossible projects.

Good luck with reaching the motor!

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 09-24-2019

Jim, will do. I hope to get started on Friday.
Old 09-27-2019

Default Engine driven A/C heater switch

I went out to the coach today and pulled off the top dash board cover, also the radio/backup camera monitor, a/c/heat/fan/control panel, kick board panel where the filters are located, one of the dash switch panels and stuck a mirror everywhere I could and did not see for sure where the heat/A/C fan blower was located unless it is in the metal box that has the plastic dashboard panel with the windshield defroster holes in it sitting on top of it (see photo). If so, I didn't see any wires to the box nor did I see any way to get into it or even to it given the zillon wires in the way. (see photos) I didn't want to continue to take apart the entire dashboard with all the switches unless I knew for sure the fan was there and I could access it by doing same. In the process of the above I was able to determine that the fan switch is working and the a/c compressor is working. Even found the slide out cup holder that I didn't know was there after eleven years of ownership. So I'm writing to find out if anyone has actually located this fan and if so where it is and what else I must do to get access to it. As always, thanks. Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	64373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3362.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	64374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3364.jpg
Views:	27