Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-27-2019

Here’s the schematic showing the heat/ac box. BB built the bus around this thing.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF0B9410-0618-4D66-80B8-50365F6E0389.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	64381  
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 09-27-2019

Thanks Lance, not sure I how I get to the fan, but if this is correct for the M380 it appears to be just under the radio and behind the cabinet below the slide out cup holders.
Old 09-27-2019

I just checked the wiring schematic for the M-380 and didn't see anything for the a/c heater fan switch or any thermostat sensor or circuit breaker etc.
Old 09-28-2019

OK, Dennis. You and Lance have officially scared me off of trying to get access to the hvac flap doors. I’ll find some other way of keeping my feet from freezing while driving in cold weather. Amazing that there’s no access to this system.

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 09-28-2019

Jim, I'm not planning on giving up. I did see a electrical/mechanical devise on the end of the metal box (barely visible in my photo - don't know why the flash didn't go off on several tries). It's at the end of the metal box that you see a piece of ply wood between the box and the plastic top which I believe is the one that directs the air to the windshield as a defroster. It seems to me that this might redirect the blower from the vents to the defroster. I'm going to keep looking and asking until and not pulling things apart until I know for sure where that fan is located. Helping me on this is my neighbor who retired as a master auto mechanic for some 40 years; while he doesn't know BBs he has good instincts on such stuff and he like me was hesitant to go further without more information. Oddly enough I couldn't find the engine driven a/c on the M380 wiring diagram. I'm due for a couple of short trips next week and over Thanksgiving then a long stay in December/January I'll keep looking until I have this solved. If all else fails I'll turn to my expensive RV repair place where money seems to solve most problems. Marv, in re-reading your comment do you know for sure that the fan is behind or near the breaker panel above the entry steps? Did you ever see it or work on it. Thanks. Dennis
Old 09-28-2019

The fan is inside the metal enclosure, not in a separate area. Check out this site, and look at the Kysor heat/ac units, also, he carries tons of parts.
http://acmeairparts.com/home.html
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 09-28-2019

Thanks Lance. I've posted a photo of the metal box I saw (the one with the piece of plywood on top of it), please let me know if that is the same one you are referring to and if so, do I have to take off the top of the dash that abuts the windshield and has the defroster holes in it, to get to the box or just the piece I already did?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3368.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	64388  
Old 09-28-2019

Jim, here's an old post from Don on WOG that will keep you from freezing while working on the fix:

"Engine heat to the cabin is accomplished by turning on the furnace thermostats while leaving the diesel switch off."

What switch are you referring to when you say "diesel switch"? The one in front of the stove?

I am excited at the prospect of this ability. While we have our M380 for sale, I look forward to our next BB so more knowledge is "more power" .
I was not aware that I could circulate or use engine heat for the coach cabin other than the dash heat.

es, I call the switch in the hurricane panel below the stove the 'Diesel switch' because the burner won't come on without that one regardless of any other switches. If it is off, but the thermostat is set to "furnace" it it will use engine heat to heat the cabin.
Old 09-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Jim, I'm not planning on giving up. I did see a electrical/mechanical devise on the end of the metal box (barely visible in my photo - don't know why the flash didn't go off on several tries). It's at the end of the metal box that you see a piece of ply wood between the box and the plastic top which I believe is the one that directs the air to the windshield as a defroster. It seems to me that this might redirect the blower from the vents to the defroster. I'm going to keep looking and asking until and not pulling things apart until I know for sure where that fan is located. Helping me on this is my neighbor who retired as a master auto mechanic for some 40 years; while he doesn't know BBs he has good instincts on such stuff and he like me was hesitant to go further without more information. Oddly enough I couldn't find the engine driven a/c on the M380 wiring diagram. I'm due for a couple of short trips next week and over Thanksgiving then a long stay in December/January I'll keep looking until I have this solved. If all else fails I'll turn to my expensive RV repair place where money seems to solve most problems. Marv, in re-reading your comment do you know for sure that the fan is behind or near the breaker panel above the entry steps? Did you ever see it or work on it. Thanks. Dennis
Yes. I worked on it and the best I remember I had to free the fuse panel above the entry steps and the fan motor was behind a bunch of other stuff but could be seen after freeing the fuse pane.

Sorry I am not much help but that was a long time ago for a 81 year old.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 10-02-2019

As always thanks Marv. I know there is a blower fan in that section for the Hurricane heating system. In any case I've got three trips coming up between now and the New Year including a six week stay at one of my favorite places The Springs at Borrego in Borrego Springs, CA during which if the past two trips repeat, the subject fan may come on and either way I still have house heating and cooling to maintain a comfortable cabin and will tackle the fan replacement in January and will report back then; I'm not giving up. Dennis