Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 10-12-2019

Sigh. I keep coming back to this thing! Not terribly useful with the lift and bunks, but with all the updates, it's quite attractive.

Any idea how many miles are on the chassis, Randy? I don't see that mentioned anywhere. I may have missed it, but, don't think so.

And just as an aside, any comments on how well, or poorly, the vortex generators work?
Old 10-12-2019

Default 1983 is mine and she can go far

John,

These buses if bought from the right person can give many miles.

We have done two cross country trips from FL, and spent little for any issues.
And ours is an old '83.
And both times , it was rookie mistakes on my part and another a mechanic had forgotten how to put in Lug nuts!

A beautiful bus and looks well taken care of. Good luck!
Avion 1972 25’
Old 10-12-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
Sigh. I keep coming back to this thing! Not terribly useful with the lift and bunks, but with all the updates, it's quite attractive.

Any idea how many miles are on the chassis, Randy? I don't see that mentioned anywhere. I may have missed it, but, don't think so.

And just as an aside, any comments on how well, or poorly, the vortex generators work?

I have a call in to the seller about the mileage etc.
The engine trans has very low miles.
The miles would not be an issue to me.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-12-2019

Gene, It is not the miles that mater my friend . We need to focus on upgrades and maintenance .
age of tiers
air bags
air condition
paint
and so on . I can show you coaches with 700k on them and they will never brake down , where a coach with 65k on it that has not been maintained will. You guys need to remember it is all about condition , condition . That is the only thing that matters . why do you think known coaches sell so fast ? Well it isn't because the owner is a nice guy . it is because we all saw how he took care of the coach . I have seen this coach and I can tell you it has been taken care of . I'm not saying it may not need something cause they all do but I'm saying if you like the price and can work with the layout , go for it my friend .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 10-12-2019
Forum owner

The seller says that she thinks the coach has about 300,000 on it,with about 28,000 on the new engine/trans.
Just enough miles on the engine trans to feel like the rebuild was a good one.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-12-2019

Al, Randy, I understand, just curious. We've purchased many cars with 100+K miles on them, with zero issues. Most were highway miles, so that's even less wear and tear on them, but I just wanted to know.
Old 10-12-2019

Do you have kids? We have 3 and normally travel with 2 of them. Having bunk beds like this one would be awesome for our situation. The curtained off couch adds another Simi private sleeping area. Not having a shower concerns me a bit but when I think about it we seldom use ours. We would have to change the bed, but we have twin beds now and turn it in to a single bed once we set up. Having the twins in the back is nice while driving because the two boys each have a tv back there they can watch movies on or play games with. This one looks like it could be used the same way.
I like cigars and drinks every now and then... the lift could be made in to a really cool porch area when parked. Putting in a "door" in could be as easy as using the plastic you see used in coolers...
The wife and I have talked about this one a bit and even though itd require some work, it's an awesome start for some who travels with more than two people. If you could get by without a shower, I don't see anything that would be considered a show stopper.
Old 10-12-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaidy View Post
Do you have kids? We have 3 and normally travel with 2 of them. Having bunk beds like this one would be awesome for our situation. The curtained off couch adds another Simi private sleeping area. Not having a shower concerns me a bit but when I think about it we seldom use ours. We would have to change the bed, but we have twin beds now and turn it in to a single bed once we set up. Having the twins in the back is nice while driving because the two boys each have a tv back there they can watch movies on or play games with. This one looks like it could be used the same way.
I like cigars and drinks every now and then... the lift could be made in to a really cool porch area when parked. Putting in a "door" in could be as easy as using the plastic you see used in coolers...
The wife and I have talked about this one a bit and even though itd require some work, it's an awesome start for some who travels with more than two people. If you could get by without a shower, I don't see anything that would be considered a show stopper.

HOLD the phone!!
Who said it did not have a shower???
It has the full bathroom just as it came from Wanderlodge,complete with shower.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-12-2019

Our kids have 4 legs and floppy ears, but we don’t hold it against them. The bottom bunk would be fine for a couple of them.

Hmm, the lack of a shower is an issue. Didn’t notice that. It’s not obvious in the pictures on BBBB.

EDIT: N/M. Just saw Randy’s reply.
Old 10-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
HOLD the phone!!
Who said it did not have a shower???
It has the full bathroom just as it came from Wanderlodge,complete with shower.
I didnt see a shower in the photos. I figured it was removed. You know what they say about assuming....

So all that was removed were the closets for the bunk beds?