Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Roof Leak

All this heavy rain (at the WOG). I have a small leak, It seems to be coming in by the old fridge vent. Dripping behind the microwave and I can see a small damp spot under the new fridge, on the floor. Very slow drip. PO put in a Samsung. The work looks professional. I guess the long drive flexed the body a bit. It did not do this in the torrential South Florida rainy season. I know the dealer I got it from took up half the roof (A/Cs vents etc) and calked everything. I have plenty of Eternabond tape and calk. Going to wait till the rain slacks. The old fridge vent looks like it was sealed with plywood, plastic and foam. Over the new fridge is a cabinet, Looks professionally done. I think I can take that out and get in and look.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
All this heavy rain (at the WOG). I have a small leak, It seems to be coming in by the old fridge vent. Dripping behind the microwave and I can see a small damp spot under the new fridge, on the floor. Very slow drip. PO put in a Samsung. The work looks professional. I guess the long drive flexed the body a bit. It did not do this in the torrential South Florida rainy season. I know the dealer I got it from took up half the roof (A/Cs vents etc) and calked everything. I have plenty of Eternabond tape and calk. Going to wait till the rain slacks. The old fridge vent looks like it was sealed with plywood, plastic and foam. Over the new fridge is a cabinet, Looks professionally done. I think I can take that out and get in and look.
The rain is coming in at an angle-- any chance its just coming in the fridge vent and rolling down something to wind up on the floor?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I agree. Still think something opened up on the trip. We get sideways rain in the rainy season and I don't remember this. It's not too bad. It looks to be coming in at the top of the fridge vent. That is boarded up from the inside. I can look in over top the Samsung and see it running down the board. I am going to have to take it apart to see what they did and how to improve it. I am going to hang on till I get her home. Thanks for chiming in
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I took apart my upper bathroom for that exact reason...
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I started to take apart the cabinet over the fridge. It's probably in 4 parts. I put it back together and I'm going to wait. If I was out west boon docking or something like it, I attack it. Rain is going to slack here in 4 hours or so and by the time I get home , same there. It can wait. Thanks for the help.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
I started to take apart the cabinet over the fridge. It's probably in 4 parts. I put it back together and I'm going to wait. If I was out west boon docking or something like it, I attack it. Rain is going to slack here in 4 hours or so and by the time I get home , same there. It can wait. Thanks for the help.
Check and make sure it isn't frozen up before you tear the bus apart to find something. If it started to thaw out it may be overflowing he drip pan.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I have a domestic Samsung fridge. I can see the plywood that was put up behind it to close off the old Dometic vent. The water is coming down from the top of the wood. I do not think it's the refrigerator. When I pull this out I will take pics. This was a professional job so I am wondering how well it was done. Thinking of MIG welding a steel patch in. I have to paint the coach so it may be a thing to do. Totally delete the old vent.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I deleted the vent with piece of heavy gauge galvanized metal and original hoes to screw it down. Also insulated the hole below.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddixon View Post
I deleted the vent with piece of heavy gauge galvanized metal and original hoes to screw it down. Also insulated the hole below.
Likewise!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I used aluminum and Sika 221 with a few screws to close the old vent hole with plans for steel when I paint it all. Gotta do it, you can exchange a lot of interior air through the vent, too, which you don't want.