Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Question Microphor rear flush advice...

Wondering if someone could point me to a thread dealing w/the replacement of the rear flush/exit version of a Microphor and what it entailed . The replacement was to be a conventional bottom flush unit.

I seem to remember reading about it here on the forum a few years back, Randy mentioning something about a 2 ft sideways re-route in some application, and the amount of work that was involved, but haven't been able to locate the thread(s). I'd like to get away from the hassles of flapper replacements, air leaks, new air compressor, etc. for a "conventional" type unit in my in my '97 BMC coach. I still have the original unit and am tiring of the aggravation. I seem to recall that the conversion was "do-able".....

Also, any recommendations on a conventional replacement brand/model for my application would be appreciated. I've seen a few mentioned here - Thetford, Dometic, ?????
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Not really an answer to your post, but I've found that the air toilets work once you add the parts that BB left out. They need a water pressure regulator (35 psi), an air pressure regulator (60-65 psi) and it appears they left the inverted P-Trap out but I don't see how I can install one in the space (maybe they did put one in under the floor?). Without those the toilets are inconsistent at best, a total PIA at worst.

Good luck with your mod.
I'm curious how it turns out. Mostly because if this unit ever actually breaks the parts are big $$$.
1994 Wide Body #106048 "Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I replaced our rear discharge microphor with a Dometic bottom/gravity discharge all ceramic toilet with an electric flush, kind of expensive but got a pretty good deal from Camping World. Only took 3 deliveries to get one in one piece! On our 97 WB43 the black tank was conveniently location directly under toilet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet into Black Tank.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	64856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet Supply.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	64857   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Toilet.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	64858  

Dale & Lynn Cash
Kimball, MI
1997 WB43
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletop View Post
Wondering if someone could point me to a thread dealing w/the replacement of the rear flush/exit version of a Microphor and what it entailed . The replacement was to be a conventional bottom flush unit.

I seem to remember reading about it here on the forum a few years back, Randy mentioning something about a 2 ft sideways re-route in some application, and the amount of work that was involved, but haven't been able to locate the thread(s). I'd like to get away from the hassles of flapper replacements, air leaks, new air compressor, etc. for a "conventional" type unit in my in my '97 BMC coach. I still have the original unit and am tiring of the aggravation. I seem to recall that the conversion was "do-able".....
Steve, we have a '97 BMC 40, and I just finished rebuilding the 12V motor that cycles the flapper. My hopper drops straight into the black tank, no compressed air needed. Near as I can tell it's factory. JM2C...
2015 GMC Acadia Toad, AF One Brake
Midland, NC
dj.obrien@att.net
Preferred to PM

"A Bird in the barn is worth all the Birds on the web."
Old 2 Weeks Ago

we removed the microphor and pitched it. We had a dometic macerator and not looking back
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788