Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 11-26-2009

Default Someone to look over an SP in Miami area?

I'm thinking of buying an sp I spotted on ebay. I didn't purchase through ebay but believe i can work out a price with the owner. Living 3000 miles away is a challenge. I asked him to bring it to Randy to inspect it, but he's hesitant to spend the time on an uncertain deal. Apparently it was just serviced at Parliament coach. If anyone knows the coach or is willing to look at it, i'd appreciate your help.

Thanks

Ross Halperin
1984 FC 35 $quanderloge
former wannabe; now "wannabe again"
Kelowna, BC Canada
Old 11-26-2009
Administrator

We need somemore info Year, color, pictures, previous owner etc,
Old 11-26-2009

That would help... sorry: its a 91, walnut interior with a walk through bathroom. it closed on ebay a few days ago. this link should get you through to the pictures etc.

thanks
Ross

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Ross Halperin
1984 FC 35 $quanderloge
former wannabe; now "wannabe again"
Kelowna, BC Canada
Old 11-26-2009

Ross - PM, email or call me (sent you an email with contact details). I can tell you about this coach, I almost bought it too about a month ago, but there are some odd details to be aware of...
VB 1570
Old 11-26-2009

Default Let us hear the details...please

Markus...if you don't mind we would like to hear the details on this SP. We could all learn what to look out for or maybe add to the details.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 11-26-2009

The 91 SP originally came equipped with a ZF Ecomat hp 500. The seller sez the transmission is an Allison. May not be too knowledgable but that's ok.
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 11-26-2009

I am always suspicious of a "Wonderlodge"
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-26-2009

Okay, you guys want details, here they are!

I found it on Ebay myself a few months ago when it was listed for the first time (now the third time). Contacted the seller as the ad was scare on detailed info and pics. He had owned it for a few years and only put 4-5K miles on it. No prior service history. Had it at Parliament and spent $10K on it just now, but when I pressed for details, outside of 2 TVs and tires, couldn't provide more details. He said I could call Parliament, which I did, and they offered to fax me what they did the next day. Next day came and went, nothing. Second day I called back, they now claimed they needed owner permission to give out that info (why didn't they tell me that the first time I called)? I told them to call the owner, they said they would. Called back the next day, still nothing. Called the owner, he now claimed Parliament "didn't want to be bothered with phone calls". Huh? I was just asking for what was done, so then I pressed the owner again and he didn't seem to know. How can you not know what you just spent that much money on? We agreed to a price pending my sending someone to inspect it. He claimed he'd withdraw the ad, never did. Also said it was only on ebay, then I found it advertised all over the place (craigslist, other websites, etc). Didn't feel comfortable he was a straight shooter. So now its time to send someone over. Randy was a bit far, but found members in the area. I then tried to set up a time, and the owner then said not to involve Parliament, he would drive from Miami to St. Pete to meet them and "show them the coach". Hm...okay, but where are the details on work performed? I asked for about the fifth time and he gave me the same list "plus an air conditioner replaced and the whole coach gone over", whatever that means. I got a bad feeling. Why was he selling? First he told me he didn't use it (that was obvious by the mileage and time of ownership), then said he was interested in something bigger in trade? Didn't seem to know much about Birds and with zero prior info and the inability to tell me a straight story or provide details on work done, I passed. It went up two more times on ebay, still not sold, and now Ross came upon it. Owner has it back in his possession now, still scare on details and still seems not to be a straight shooter. Could be a great coach, but with no mechanical background in 100K miles, not so sure. And apparently where for my checking it out he was willing to drive from Miami to St Pete to meet someone, now for Ross, he wasn't willing to drive the coach to Randy (roughly same distance) to check it out. Why the change from one possible seller to another? My overall feeling was something was fishy...and it didn't give me a good feeling about Parliament for some reason either.
VB 1570
Old 11-26-2009

Default Has this SP been maintained?

Markus, thanks for the details. This is a case where the buyer would have to do a most thorough inspection and drive the unit paying close attention to driveability issues, shifting, retarding, steering, brakes, air system, electrical systems. The overall general appearance can be a good clue to whether the coach has been maintained over the years.

I would also perform 'due diligence' to be sure a clear title could be delivered...no incumberences such as mechanics liens etc.

Make an offer which is reflective of the future expenses you are likely to incur. Those SPs are nice coaches...less $$ than a new Chevy suburban.

If you are worried about the coach's ZF transmission, Woody on the forum may be able to help out.

Someone in FL need to look at the coach in person...IMO.
Rolla, MO 65401

Last edited by giderich; 11-26-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: fixed sp
Old 11-26-2009

I was at Parliament a few months ago, and did see the coach sitting on their lot. At least I think it was the same coach.

Memory serve, the coach did have plates on it, and didn't appear to be being for sale by Parliament (I didn't ask, so cannot be sure). It looked like it was sitting there waiting to have service done.

I obviously didn't go inside the coach, but walked around it. The paint wasn't too bad, but I think I remember seeing some fade. Don't recall seeing any rust.

Wish I had more info. I wasn't there to look at the coach, so I didn't spend much time inspecting it.
Linden, Michigan