Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Reasons I Bought My Bluebird

Reasons I Bought My Bluebird This is the place to list the reasons you decided to buy a Bluebird and direct others to who are considering a Bluebird.

Site Search:

Old 06-22-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default What SPECIAL EQUIPMENT on your 'Bird came from the BB factory when it was new?

We have all heard of that unique 'Bird that was built either for a special needs customer, or a custom touch was built into it and it seems that if you had the $$$$$ BB would build them just about any way that you wanted, so if you think that your 'Bird has that special factory option tell us about it, it's time to brag a bit right here.

I have copied some previous posts from other owners describing that special touch found on their 'Birds.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynavion
Quote:

Nice looking 'bird. Whats neat if anyone noticed is the optional vinyl (or naugahide) floor covering. When do you recall seeing one of those?

I have the floor covers too. One for the front and one for the rear. Both in near new condition.

Ok this reminds me. I'll tell you more about some of the other options mine came with. These I have not seen or heard mentioned before.

OK proud dad kinda moment here gotta say it.
Our coach also came with the original Blue Bird dishes, plates, bowls and coffee cups. They are dark blue plastic (Melmac I think). The sets are in quilted nylon cases with zippers. Additionally, we have the original color coodinated, sheets, bedspread and towels. They are all in great shape. I don't think this stuff was used much if any. We put it away for posterity sake. But do see some of the kitchen ware. One other thing we have and use is the little portable 12 volt Guest fan that is mounted on the matching Formica block. One more too. Came with the original Blue Bird key fob with the "postage paid" key ID code and the Fort valley address.

Back to the subject...

No doubt, that 84 in SC looks like a real clean Bird that has been loved.

NH Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0006.JPG
Views:	1239
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	5486  
Old 06-22-2010

My 'Bird came with its own BB factory built in Keg Cooler and Tap?

Glenn Rogers had to tell me how to completely remove it and where the electrical outlet was for it, I believe that it could also be powered by the Redi-Line and the outlet was hidden, but Glenn helped build my 'Bird at the BB factory before Budweiser took delivery of it, so he filled me in on some of the different things that were built into it.

The factory also modified the twin beds in the bedroom so that they would accommodate more guests, when the 'Bird was used as the Budweiser Promotion Coach

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-22-2010

Default What SPECIAL EQUIPMENT on your 'Bird came from the BB factory when it was new?

My 94 WB came with an auxillary switch which nobody seems to know or remember what it does. I assume it is wired to something because the LED lights when you depress it to "on".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash 1994 BB WB 003.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	667.2 KB
ID:	5489

Since I don't know what it does, I labeled it "MYSTER SWITCH-DO NOT USE".

Maybe somebody on this forum knows or can figure it out at RATS.
Old 06-22-2010
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
My 94 WB came with an auxillary switch which nobody seems to know or remember what it does. I assume it is wired to something because the LED lights when you depress it to "on".

Attachment 5489

Since I don't know what it does, I labeled it "MYSTER SWITCH-DO NOT USE".

Maybe somebody on this forum knows or can figure it out at RATS.
Tommy,

That would be the Gen Auto Start switch on my 'Bird. Since it has the green light on the switch, it looks and may be the same>>> unless you have a Gen Auto Start switch located somewhere else on your dash.
Old 06-22-2010
Gardner

On my '83 FC the AUX switch switches flood light controls between the right and left rooftop floosdlight.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 06-22-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmillsap View Post
Tommy,

That would be the Gen Auto Start switch on my 'Bird. Since it has the green light on the switch, it looks and may be the same>>> unless you have a Gen Auto Start switch located somewhere else on your dash.
Tommy take a look above it on that dash. I'm not that good on small print but it looks suspiciously like a hand made tag that says something about auto gen start. What d'ya think? My old eyes are not what they use to be.
Old 06-22-2010
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
Tommy take a look above it on that dash. I'm not that good on small print but it looks suspiciously like a hand made tag that says something about auto gen start. What d'ya think? My old eyes are not what they use to be.
Yeah, Rob, looks like the hand made labels were made by the same person. That upper switch switches (whew) the audio either to the radio or TV in my coach. I wonder if the labels were switched and the upper one is really Tommy's "mystery" switch.
Old 06-22-2010

I've got the genny auto switch up on the left top of the dash. Interesting. I haven't flipped that switch at night - could be floods?

The ### didn't know what it was for either.
Old 06-22-2010

On a more serious note, exploring around in my bird after I bought it, I found plastic bag, still sealed, that had a fine quality light brown or tan linen table cloth that would fit the galley table when you put the center leaf in. It also came (according to the pictures) with a bed spread which matched the bedroom design and colors - the previous owner must have kept. I wish I had one, though. The throw pillows according to my cleaners are of such high quality fabric (now a little dirty) they don't want to be responsible for cleaning them.

Quality, quality, and more quality - better 'n my house - that's one reason I bought my coach.