Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Reasons I Bought My Bluebird

Reasons I Bought My Bluebird This is the place to list the reasons you decided to buy a Bluebird and direct others to who are considering a Bluebird.

Site Search:

Old 06-22-2010

Default What SPECIAL EQUIPMENT on your 'Bird came from the BB factory when it was new?

Chuck, the hand made labels are my own creation. I did not want someone later on to not know what the numerous unlabled switches are for. You know these magnificent machines are likely to be around long after we are gone. We are only 'caretakers'.
Old 06-22-2010

Our Bird was once owned by Art Roush, the Man who Developed The Good Sam Club as well as trailer life, Motor Home Life, and other magazines. We have a Photo of him at the controls, and A letter from him about it.
Idaho
Old 06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking99 View Post
Our Bird was once owned by Art Roush, the Man who Developed The Good Sam Club as well as trailer life, Motor Home Life, and other magazines. We have a Photo of him at the controls, and A letter from him about it.
I remember that image from the Good Sam Advertisement. There is no mistaking a Bluebird dash.

Now I think I was wrong on the image. I think it was an ad for "Tracks to Adventure" tour service to Mexico. Art Roush is sitting in a Bird and the dash is visable behind him.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad

Last edited by bwinter1946; 06-23-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 06-22-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Now there's some memorabilia. To pass that along through the years would be something wouldn't. I'd protect that somehow and make sure any future owner was aware of it.
Old 06-23-2010
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
Chuck, the hand made labels are my own creation. I did not want someone later on to not know what the numerous unlabled switches are for. You know these magnificent machines are likely to be around long after we are gone. We are only 'caretakers'.
Tommy,

Here's the reason why I thought the labels may have been switched.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100624_0001.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	5495  
Old 06-23-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:

See if you can scan the photo and post it here.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-23-2010
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
We have all heard of that unique 'Bird that was built either for a special needs customer, or a custom touch was built into it and it seems that if you had the $$$$$ BB would build them just about any way that you wanted, so if you think that your 'Bird has that special factory option tell us about it, it's time to brag a bit right here.

I have copied some previous posts from other owners describing that special touch found on their 'Birds.
Although it didn't come with ours and was given to us by another bird owner, we have a BB coffee table for the living room. It is covered in the same Naugahyde (before they were on the endangered list) as the dash and has the same cup holders as the engine cover and end tables. it has folding legs so that it can be kept under one of the couches when traveling. I'll take a picture of it sometime.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 06-23-2010

How about a closet with a rotating clothes rack. I haven't seen any of those.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closet.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	5499  
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 06-23-2010
Forum owner

my burned 95wb came to me with a big bag of pot,it had fallen out of a drawer and Carol found it while cleaning.
We passed it on to someone who would "enjoy" it!

I do have something i took out of an FC that i don't know what it is or what it does,maybe i'll bring it to RATs for show and tell..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
my burned 95wb came to me with a big bag of pot,it had fallen out of a drawer and Carol found it while cleaning.
We passed it on to someone who would "enjoy" it!
WOW!!

Can you imagine buying a Bird and not know that is there. Then lets say you want to import that bus to Canada and being the victim of a random drug/******* search. I would hate to try to explain that one.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad