Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 08-18-2011

Thanks Christian, Makes me feel like it's worth the effort to take the pic's and post them.
I took a bunch of pic's today, pretty much every step of the way, then I go to download, and most didn't work. My camera has a problem.
Anyways, I did manage to get some to work...here they are..

I cut out the inside wall for my control panel, and stained it. it holds the Aquahot meters and switches, inverter control, and gen remote. The panel is not mounted yet, just sitting there drying.

Decided to mount the bathroom vent fan today since it was a nice day, with no chance of rain. This was A LOT more work than the few pic's make it look like. Most of these pic's didnt turn out, but here are the ones that did.
The fan JUST FIT over the shower, and there were 2 support beams on either side, and the shower wall right at one edge, and that big roof air at the other end. i even had to trim the fiberglass from the room air cover, which won't affect anything

Had to get creative with the airconditioner outlet that was on top of the bunk bed. So I built a "manifold" over it which will chanel the air out 3 vents in the front (will install after the wall paper tonight). Air will also pass through the over head bins and I can vent them along the coach from front to back.

Got more of the 12volt wires ran, for the lighting. You can see the wires hanging from the ceiling, and they all start beside the fridge where the 12 volt fuse panel will go.

Oh, I did all the plumbing for the kitchen sink. Water lines and drain is all done, and no leaks.

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-18-2011
WanderBee

I read this thread every time there is a new post. That's going to be a gorgeous coach when you are done. Please do keep up the pictures. I bet there's a lot of folks that keep following it like I do.
Marietta, GA
Old 08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
I read this thread every time there is a new post. That's going to be a gorgeous coach when you are done. Please do keep up the pictures. I bet there's a lot of folks that keep following it like I do.
Following...You bet, I'm following the story.
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 08-19-2011

I hope someone from Parliament is following your thread, David. So when they start building Wanderlodges again they make sure and bring you in!!!! Outstanding work on your Bird!!!

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 08-19-2011

Getting an early jump this morning. I have to take my son racing this weekend (motocross), so I can put in some work today, and take it back to storage until next week. It looks a little bare under the cabinet, so I might build a little corner table or something under it, maybe install a little pot light under the bottom of the cabinet

The "over the road" Air conditioner vents

I have to mount these 5 Aquahot heat exchangers soon... maybe a couple today
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-19-2011

Well didn't get the heat exchangers mounted today....actually, didn't really do much today, I need a few days off from it, then come back fresh next week.

But the mail man did just bring me the samples of the ceiling covering.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
I am thinking since I have lots of dark wood in there, the light beige or desert would look good.

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-19-2011

If you consider the picture against the tile to be somewhat true representation, I think both on the left do not work. Top throws flesh pinkish tone and looks like it is just sitting there ready to show the first bit of dirt that attaches to it. The bottom some sort of yellow/green mix.

Both on the right work well. Desert would be my choice.
Old 08-19-2011

Hi David.
Go light & bright. You have enough dark in there already. Light colours make it seem more spacious. My experience from GMC coaches.
Norm
always lurking.
Old 08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpijag View Post
If you consider the picture against the tile to be somewhat true representation, I think both on the left do not work. Top throws flesh pinkish tone and looks like it is just sitting there ready to show the first bit of dirt that attaches to it. The bottom some sort of yellow/green mix.

Both on the right work well. Desert would be my choice.
The more I look at them, the more I agree with you. I actually really love the dark the best, but it will be too dark in there. I think it will be desert.

Norm, you are 5 minutes away from me. I am in Courtice.
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 08-19-2011

That's great. I'd love to see your coach. Call me six two three 2274
Norm