Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 04-15-2018

I only use tank water and never leave the hose hooked up. I think if my valve failed, I might remove it all together and just plumb that line to the fill directly and forget the pressure city water. I like to keep the tank fresh and the best way to do that is to use it.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 04-15-2018

Point is, solenoids can lose power, had it happen a few times, fixed with a new one, just to be clear.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 04-15-2018

My Sporlan had same issues a couple years ago. Cleaned & scrapped seal following technique outlined on WOG. Worked ok at first but problems returned. Ordered seal kit, installed and no problems since. Kit price seems to have increased ALLOT . A brand new valve is now only $1 more! Like Sky, we never leave the hose hooked up. Maybe that helps? Am convinced using soft water without minerals stops the “crusty” accumulation on seals and in the valve. We don’t drink the water anyway and like soft in the shower. Am also sure having a spare kit onboard helps ensure it never goes out again . Since my fresh tank is easily accessible, adding a manual gravity fill has been on to-do list for quite awhile.
Old 04-16-2018
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaksma View Post
Twice now, the sporlan valve got me. Both times in return trip from San Diego. Both times 100 gallons of water, but not able to take a shower. I’d like to install manual ball valve. Will someone please post a pic or link to finished install. I’ve taken mine apart and cleaned, still no dice.
From all the sad stories I've heard from not being able to fill to having a hundred gallons of water on board you cannot use all due to Sporlan valves... I'm glad my bus doesn't have ANY..KISS! A Sporlan valve involves plumbing and electrical so you know it will fail.

Sporlan valves are for convenience and/or where the design did not allow access. Personally if I had Sporlan valves in my couch I'd not only carry a rebuild kit (or just a new vavle) I'd also plumb in a ball valve so I could by-pass any failed Sporlan so I could continue to operate and fix the issue in my free time when it's not an emergency. Just saying.....
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 04-16-2018

Default Sporlan Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaksma View Post
Twice now, the sporlan valve got me. Both times in return trip from San Diego. Both times 100 gallons of water, but not able to take a shower. I’d like to install manual ball valve. Will someone please post a pic or link to finished install. I’ve taken mine apart and cleaned, still no dice.

I've installed a ball valve between the Sporlan Valve and the fresh water tank. The Sporlan leaked water back to the fresh water tanks when running the water pump. Thought I had a water leak somewhere. Initially clamped off the line with a C-clamp and some bits of hose. What happens when you try to pressurize the system?