Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 08-09-2008
Senior

Default Bluebird factory advertising

Corresponded with Macy Neshati the last few days about the advertising that Bluebird is going to do. For a long time I have thought about something different when it comes to touting the attributes of the Bluebird Wanderlodge.

Several years ago Mercedes advertised their new models comparing them to the long line of prior Mercedes and their constant engineering advancements and their ability to keep their resale value high. The Mercedes of the 1960's are still bringing high prices on the market as used cars. Earlier Saab did the same thing starting with their 3 cylinder 2 cycle Saabs. In both cases the public understood and both companies still are selling automobiles along the same lines.

I believe that if BB used the same ideas, comparing the new BB with the vintage birds with photos and engineering comparisons, and their resultant image of high percentage still on the road, their safety, their resale value, and availability of parts and service from BB they would have a sure winner.

In addition to the brochures that would be given to the dealers I suggested that Macy provide us with copies to give present owners of BB coaches so we can give them out when people come to see our coaches.

What do you think about this idea?
6V92
Old 08-10-2008
Forum owner

it sounds good to me.
reputation is everything,be it motorhomes or ice cream.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-10-2008
Forum Moderator

Ah yes, Bluebirds and icecream. Two topics near and dear to the Mad Plumbers heart
Old 08-11-2008

Tom, I have owned 3 Saabs, beginning with the two cycle 93. I also owned a 900 and a 9000. I owned the 900 for 22 years. I agree with you that an advertising campaign based on quality is a good one. My recent experience is that brochures are taking a back seat to the web. Our clients have gone to a print-on-demand system for their brochures to keep costs under control. Web presence is extremely important.
We work in a technology called Zoomify, that would allow you to tour the inside of a WL and zoom in multiple times to see detail. We can point you and Macy to two examples of this technology if you are interested. Please contact us either on the forum or off.
Pursue Happiness, Tom Watson