Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 06-18-2019

Default Our 1 month Summer trip

We are on a month-long trip in the Midwest. First leg was Thursday June 13th from Valparaiso, Indiana to the State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis for a one-night stay to visit our son who lives in Indy. Next day we traveled to Jeffersonville, Indiana to stay at John and Fran McGinnis’s resort on the Ohio river. What a beautiful place. John and Fran are great host! Friday, after we got settled, John, Ellen and I went for a 20-mile spandex (John wouldn’t wear his spandex, but I’m sure he has some somewhere) bike ride on a bike path in Jeffersonville and then we all went out to dinner at one of John and Fran’s favorite places on the Ohio river. The next day, Ellen and I took our toad and went to Upton Ky. to check out the town and cemetery were Ellen’s ancestors were from. The next day, Sunday June 16th, John’s friend Santiago came by so we could show him the exhaust flange to see if he thought he could weld on a new flange that would replace the one that was toast. He said it would be pretty easy for him to do. He is a class A welder. He said he would have it done by tomorrow, June 16th. Fran made dinner that evening, it was delicious. John and I picked up the re-manufactured exhaust pipe Monday around noon from Santiago’s place of employment and it fit like a glove. Took 10 minutes to install and we were on our way to Lexington Ky.to stay a couple of night at the Kentucky Horse Park and then its off to Knoxville.I noticed that my boost went from 12 pounds before the fix to 16 pounds after the fix on grades. John was a great help to us to get our Bird back running like it should for our trip to Lexington, Knoxville, Nashville and many more places.
Valparaiso, Indiana
Old 06-18-2019

Power of the WOG Sam , John & Fran are good people . John was the first WOG member I met years ago . Bet you thought I forgot that John He showed up out of no where as I recall , kinda of surprised me being I was from Philly and not used to genuine nice people , lol Love you brother

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com