Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Water leak was a pinhole in the overflow tank neck that had grown to about a #10 screw hole though jagged. JB Water Weld stick to the rescue along with some flex tape to get us home. Dry backside on the SP36 now!
1990 SP36 75k
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Making good progress en route home - now in Effingham, IL behind the less-than-friendly Wal-Mart. There are about 2 dozen 18 wheelers and a good 10 or so RVs and trailers here all the same.
1990 SP36 75k
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default SOLD - to the auctioneer

Well folks, I am pleased to say that the new owner Chip Lamb (previous owner of a Wanderlodge) cleared Effingham IL this morning continuing southwards to his home in the Bluebird's home state of Georgia.

After a 2Bird rally by the lake in Kenora, we left Monday headed for the Canadian/US border crossing at International Falls MN. I kind of acted a guide /pilot car for the 120 miles to the border just in case another signature or detail was needed during the crossing. As it turned out, we had provided all the paperwork which was efficiently processed by the border protection personnel - end result - it took just a little over one hour and Chip was ready to continue south.

To all the members of WOG who shared their knowledge and advice --- Thank You very much. Your identification of part #s and particularly the physical location of switches, valves etc was of immeasurable help in ensuring a good trip for Chip. It was great meeting you Jeff, thanks for everything and being relative neighbours, we'll have to keep in touch - to Randy and Rick thanks for talking with me about issues and Brian --- sounds like that Marvel mystery oil is something I should look for to have in my tool kit.

While my focus over the next 2 years will be home reno on a smaller home (downsizing) , sale of my lakeshore home (way too large) by mid summer 2019, I do hope to purchase another slightly smaller RV in the future. I will be looking for something more likely in the 25,000 GVW range at that time due to Ontario's restrictive driver licensing practices for persons over 65 years of age.

Going to try for some pictures here - lets see if they work ?

Take Care
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180916_105558.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	57843   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180916_105616.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	57844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180916_160017.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	57845   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180916_160034.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	57846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180917_164842.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	57847  
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Hi folks,
Reviewing my last post, I recognized some confusion in my notes on timing. My renovations of a second house will take me 2 years. I hope to be occupying the smaller house on the edge of urban Kenora by April 2019 – which will allow me to sell my lakeshore house in the May/June season of 2019. Using home equity $$ - I would hope to have that complete in 2019 and then complete a garage etc. during summer 2020 and be contemplating a new RV purchase ( 25,000 GVW range) prior to or during the winter of 2020/2021.
I’m downsizing in house, and will miss the lake as much as I’m going to miss the Bluebird – so when all is done, I am hoping I can return to the RV lifestyle.
I will remain a member of WOG – a wonderful community of friends and owners – probably not a better website available with resources and information and willing (knowledgeable) contributors abounding anyplace on the web.
Hopefully by 2021, I will have available 1 – 2 “guest” boondocking sites available for travelling WOG members – Certainly, even if boondocking “guest sites” are not completed, I will remain a NW Ontario “ambassador” for information regarding this area. After 16 yrs on the road as a travelling construction power lineman, there are few inadequacies/benefits that I am unaware of. Side trips of interest, fishing possibilities and seasonal weather info and bargains (usually our off-seasons - May/June and September) with names and phone numbers.
This is a wonderful area, mostly granite and water (Canadian Shield) but with Global warming – this region is becoming the “new” Midwest - If you start here on the north end – you can have a descending “colour” season tour through Minnesota and Wisconsin (St Croix river and Mississippi river valleys) lasting a month!
.What do you think Jeff and Chip --- a late season BlueBird Rally on the shores of Lake of the Woods and we’ll shame them into keeping the office, store and laundromat open at least 12 hrs per day – water is still warm enough to swim and no mosquitoes or black flies – plus great fishing?
Best contact will be gordmisnow@gmail.com
Road Dog
Old 3 Weeks Ago
John Wyatt - Admin

Great write-up Gordon. Best of luck with your houses and your future RV!
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Getting closer to home. Sitting in the I24 Campground in Smyrna, TN along with fellow WOGer Allen Landreth (88 FC35 ex John McGinnis) and his wife Nadine who are up from FL visiting family. This place is packed! Very humid here compared to nice places I've been up north in recent days. If raining I will take the flat southern route or I may go up Monteagle though with the heat I may still think better of that. The "four wheelers" have been driving crazily!
1990 SP36 75k
Old 3 Weeks Ago

The bus and I are sitting in George Morris' side yard, generator purring away, after making the obligatory stop past 1 Wanderlodge Dr and hence one full lap... it left Peach County 29 years and 2 months ago (I suppose) and has reportedly been as far afield as Alaska let alone having been stranded in the Great White North. On to the next lap!

As soon as we left Smyrna, TN this morning it began POURING - hazard lights POURING for lack of visibility - this cleared right about at the ascent to Monteagle, where I tailed a very slow hopper truck up and then got rid of him on the descent! Kept temps happy throughout. Terrible Atlanta traffic made me miss getting here before George & Cathy went to a football game in town, hence the side trip by Ft. Valley (only 7 miles or so away).

Making my list for George... we need a P/S pump rebuild right off the bat plus I need to decipher 1638 miles of "squawks" on my pad for us to scratch heads over. It will be ready for WOG and hopefully back to me a week or so prior so I can effect some cosmetic improvements.

Nevertheless - made it - never doubted it - bus ran terrifically the entire time.
1990 SP36 75k