Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 07-22-2018

Thank you Dick, I can't believe the wealth of knowledge on this board.
2004 Forest River M B Cruiser (toad)
1978 FC35 (totaled by fire)
Old 07-22-2018
Forum owner

The jeep has been a very good car,it is a hoot to drive,as Dick says.
I was considering a bigger vehicle,i'm a big guy.
And sometimes i need the extra space to haul my treasures home!
I drove the jeep nonstop from Fl to Iowa once,and i did not hate the thing when i got there.
Molly loves it,and keeping it is the best thing i can do for my bank account,for sure.
So,the saga continues...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-25-2018

Default 2005-06 Jeep Liberty Fan Clutch & GM 11 Blade Fan Mod

Earlier this week I changed the tired Fan Clutch on our 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD; I replaced the old fan clutch with a Severe Duty Fan Clutch used on the 1996 thru 2007 Chevy / GMC trucks and replaced the old metal fan with the Chevy / GMC 11 blade nylon fan.

The 11 blade fan moves much more air now and should help air conditioner performance on those hot summer days in stop and go traffic.

Part numbers as follows:
GM Severe Duty Fan Clutch NAPA 271312
GM 11 blade HD Cooling Fan NAPA No. 8552223
GM 11 blade fan requires four(4) GM 11516869 bolts, or from Lowes, M10 X 1.5mm threads X 20mm in length (bolts to attach fan to clutch). I used blue Locktite on the bolt threads plus M10 metric lock washers from Lowes.

Note: The OEM 5 blade steel fan blade will NOT fit the new NAPA 271312 severe duty Fan Clutch but the GM 11 blade HD Cooling Fan NAPA No. 8552223 is a perfect fit and clears the shroud too.

The GM parts are considerably cheaper than the OEM Jeep Chrysler parts and this mod has been highly recommended by Lost Jeep Members too.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401

Last edited by giderich; 08-25-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added content
Old 08-25-2018
Forum owner

thanks Dick,good info.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-25-2018
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Yes indeed. Thanks Dick.

On another Liberty matter, I recently received a U38 recall notice for our 2006. I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not. The issue was to replace the rear lower control arms. Apparently, water was getting into the originals and some were rusting out. The new ones are significantly more stout. This was done at the dealership at no cost to me. However, while it was up I noticed oil on the back of the differential. I had them do an inspection all around. The oil on the differential was due to a failed pinion seal. I had them fix that while It was up and I was there. The only other issues noted were failed dust boots on the upper control arms and lower ball joints all around. Also, the boot on the right front half shaft is cracked.

With 110K on them, I think this is to be expected. Everything is still tight but, I'm going to have to address this at some point. I know aftermarket boots are available, but I'm inclined the replace control arms, ball joints and C/V joint, not just the boots.

I won't be using the dealership for this... they're just too proud of their parts and labor! (big overhead, but I don't need the "free donuts and coffee). Thinking I can get the same or close from ID Parts or NAPA.

Question: These boots have been gone for a while and things are running smooth and feel tight. Even so, a little grease is spitting. How long is it safe to drive this way? Have any of you changed this stuff out and do you have specific recommendations?

Thanks,

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Old 08-30-2018
Forum owner

Bill,my ball joint boots were bad also,i bought new upper a arms and lower ball joints from ebay.
I found made in america parts on ebay for a great price,maybe Detroit? something parts?
I had a local shop replace them while my shoulder was still inop and they charged 300 bucks labor,it took all day,a full 8 hours.
I then had to get an alignment which cost 50 bucks.
I know the guys at this shop and i trust them,all is well after a summer of towing the jeep.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-30-2018
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Bill,my ball joint boots were bad also,i bought new upper a arms and lower ball joints from ebay.
I found made in america parts on ebay for a great price,maybe Detroit? something parts?
I had a local shop replace them while my shoulder was still inop and they charged 300 bucks labor,it took all day,a full 8 hours.
I then had to get an alignment which cost 50 bucks.
I know the guys at this shop and i trust them,all is well after a summer of towing the jeep.
Thanks, Randy is this the outfit? Detroit Axle? If I'm reading it right, it sounds like their stuff is made to OEM specs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-Front-U...y/152274810959

They offer struts and shocks too and they look pretty good. Have you used these?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Strut...y/173184345025

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2003-2...s/162579546483
St. Petersburg, Florida
Old 08-30-2018
Forum owner

I bought the struts too,figuring if i was in there,go whole hog.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com