Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > News > Vehicle and Equipment Recalls

Vehicle and Equipment Recalls This Sub-Forum is for informational purposes only, recalls of Blue Birds are automatically posted to this forum when posted on Auto-Recalls.com ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE MODERATED - NO DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED HERE

Site Search:

Old 12-31-2009

Default Heater Replacement

Hi Ron & All,

Thanks for the heater infomation. Just ordered 2 replacements this am.

Happy New Year !

Gene & Judy Sharp
93' WLWB 40'
in Ohio, headed to Fl after the 22nd of Jan.
Old 12-31-2009

Default Cadet Under Counter Electric Heaters

All:

Thanks for the informative information on the Cadet TK 101 Heaters. While I was doing some cleaning in my bird today, I pulled the bathroom heater (I have one in the bathroom and one in the front under the drawer cabinet).

I don't know how to get to the one under the drawer cabinet - maybe some of y'all know how. It is recessed behind a fixed wire grate and the vent opening is much smaller than the front of the heater. I thought by removing the bottom drawer, I would have access, but there is a piece of plywood firmly attached, glued, I suspect. Any suggestions, short of removing the plywood bottom.

I did determine the heaters I have are the recalled models, although they do not have red "trip light". I did get the bathroom unit cleaned and it was not bad. Apparently that one at least had been cleaned in the past.

I'm going to order two new ones and replace them, although I may have to remove the plywood beneath the bottom drawerto access it.

Thanks for this timely and important post.
Old 12-31-2009

Tommy,

Sounds like the one your describing behind the grate is one of the heat exchangers for the aqua hot ??? But yours doesn't have Aqua Hot do it??
Old 12-31-2009

I agree with Slim. It sounds like a hydronic style heater and not a Cader Electric heater.

Slim, he should have a Primus Hydronic Heating system.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
All:

Thanks for the informative information on the Cadet TK 101 Heaters. While I was doing some cleaning in my bird today, I pulled the bathroom heater (I have one in the bathroom and one in the front under the drawer cabinet).

I don't know how to get to the one under the drawer cabinet - maybe some of y'all know how. It is recessed behind a fixed wire grate and the vent opening is much smaller than the front of the heater. I thought by removing the bottom drawer, I would have access, but there is a piece of plywood firmly attached, glued, I suspect. Any suggestions, short of removing the plywood bottom.

I did determine the heaters I have are the recalled models, although they do not have red "trip light". I did get the bathroom unit cleaned and it was not bad. Apparently that one at least had been cleaned in the past.

I'm going to order two new ones and replace them, although I may have to remove the plywood beneath the bottom drawerto access it.

Thanks for this timely and important post.
Yup, you have to remove all of the drawers There are 4 screws on each side, remove those and then the entire cabinet will slide out. You now have complete access to the heater.

Regards,
Jack
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 12-31-2009

Slim/Brad: No its not an aqua-hot register it is a Cadet TK101. I was able to get my finger inside the grate and pull the tag off the unit case. I have a Primus heating system. Should have taken a picture. My 94 BB Manual refers to two "electric auxillary heaters - one in the bathroom and one under the front drawer console". The heater in the front is activated by turning on the front roof a/c switch on the dash panel (but not activating the a/c via the dometic thermostat) then flipping a thermostat (the same one that controlls my Insta-Kool roof fan) over my Kitchen table to "heat". Then you adjust the heat with a temperature knob. The one in the bathroom works independently of the front heater. Its activated by a thermostat on the wall behind the commode simply by turning it to "on" and adjusting the temperature on the thermostat.

Don't have a Cadet in the kitchen.

Its kinda different than a some of the birds I have seen, but that's the way mine was built and that's what the owners manual says. The Cadet heaters are really great and keep my bird nice and warm even in very cold weather. In fact, we rarely use the Primus, except on very cold mornings and to pre-heat my engine.

Just don't know how the **** I can get the front one out without removing the plyboard base under the bottom drawer.

Interesting beasts, these Wanderlodges - seems no two of the same year model are exactly alike.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-31-2009
ANOTHER REDNECK

got 4 in my sp ~~~~~
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 12-31-2009

Thanks, Jack - I'll check that out. Incidentally, I've never smelled burning lint or hair and my heaters work great. But like everybody else, I'm getting a little skittish about fire.
Old 01-01-2010

Well, Tom good luck on getting that one out. Sorry, it sounded like a hydronic heater. My BMC only has one Cadet that is in the bathroom along with one hydronic heater. Just replaced the Cadet TK 101 this afternoon. Very different heater coil design than the old one.

Best of luck on your upgrade.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 01-01-2010

Brad/Slim/Jack:

Thanks for the advice. Jack, you were right on the mark - remove the drawers take out the 4 screws and the whole base unit of the drawer console slides right out. Got the top off the Cadet and sure enough, dust bunnies galore. I vacuumed and used some air and got the heater cleaned up.

I'm going to replace both of them, but I'll have to wait until some of the Christmas bills get paid - y'all ever see any of them?

Incidentally, I don't know why BB put the wire grill behind the base of the cabinet. I guess they thought it would look better.

Thanks again!