Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:

Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansax View Post
Does AAA even offer RV coverage?
TOM

It may depend on where you live. In Florida, we have AAA South. In fact, we have our homeowners, main auto, classic auto and RV insurance through one policy with AAA. That type of policy may not be offered in other states. We also have AAA RV Premier, which covers towing on motorhomes. From the AAA South website:

AAA Premier RV extends present AAA Premier benefits to include motor homes, pickup trucks with campers, travel trailers, motorcycles and various pull-behind trailers (exclusions apply, see FAQ "Are there any exclusions for trailer coverage?" for details). Members must be a AAA Premier Member to be eligible to add AAA Premier RV coverage. AAA Premier RV extends emergency road services to recreational vehicles. All Premier benefits apply to RV including the 200-mile tow.
Q: Can you be more specific about the coverage for Premier RV?
AAA Premier RV covers AAA Members for one tow up to 200 miles of towing and up to 100 miles on any remaining service calls. It also covers changing of a flat tire with the mounted spare, a sufficient amount of fuel delivered to enable AAA Members to reach the nearest service station, reimbursement up to $150 in parts and labor for locksmith service, a second truck and operator for up to one hour to assist at the scene in complicated extrication cases. Premier RV Members receive increased Car Travel Interruption benefits up to $1,500, the one-day Hertz complimentary rental car (with breakdown) and all other Premier benefits including the 200-mile tow. Certain restrictions apply.
Old 4 Days Ago

Marc....I have AAA RV Premium just renewed it in July 160.00 one 200 mile tow (so they say) + motorcycle coverage...See you Saturday.

Nick Striglia
Poultney, VT
1986 PT-40
1975 FC-31 (SOLD)
http://bluebirdrestore.shutterfly.com/
Old 4 Days Ago

i just checked on my Coach-Net account. If I LOG IN using my current Membership Number it still shows the basic at $99 a year. I renew three years at a time. I have not had a break in service since I joined in 1999. Maybe that is why I can still select the Basic rate. I remember there was some concern a few years ago that they were not allowing new customers in California. So I renewed early and locked in three years of coverage. I plan to do the same before it expires again.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinter1946 View Post
i just checked on my Coach-Net account. If I LOG IN using my current Membership Number it still shows the basic at $99 a year. I renew three years at a time. I have not had a break in service since I joined in 1999. Maybe that is why I can still select the Basic rate. I remember there was some concern a few years ago that they were not allowing new customers in California. So I renewed early and locked in three years of coverage. I plan to do the same before it expires again.
Argh!! My own stupidity!
Lesson learned folks - don't let it lapse!!

Marc Pease
New Haven, CT
1991 TC2000 (sold)
1982 FC35SB "Rollin' Old School"

mep6272@gmail.com
Old 2 Days Ago

Update, good news:

Despite the lapse, they renewed me today at the $169 renewal rate instead of the new-member rate of $249, which is what they wanted to charge me the other day.

Not sure why the difference but I am not complaining. Glad I waited and called back though.

Marc Pease
New Haven, CT
1991 TC2000 (sold)
1982 FC35SB "Rollin' Old School"

mep6272@gmail.com
Old 2 Days Ago

We renewed in August basic plan and being early cost was 99 but being early it hit credit card for 89 dollars good until August of 2021.we got a deal. !!!
Riveted
Old 2 Days Ago

Duplicate

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 2 Days Ago

Aaa is not valid in every state. Has anyone asked if they supply a low boy or some other type of trailer? I would not want my unit towed by any other method. Other than your insurance there is only 2 choices. Good sam or Coach net.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 2 Days Ago

We just renewed our Premier Plan ($169) for the year.
Two years ago, we had to have the bird lowboyed from the Oregon coast to I5 and Coburg, OR. It was a little over 100 miles, but the towing company had to go north about 20 miles before they could go east to I5. Where we were at the road was to narrow.
Got it there no problem.
Driver told me that the cost would have been in excess of $1,000 if we didn't have the Premier plan.
For us, it is (was) worth the yearly cost.
Old 1 Day Ago
Geek

My last Blue Bird tow (2015) and tire service (2018) were both handled perfectly by my State Farm insurance.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
Prior: 2003 Safari Zanzibar
Prior: 1998 Safari Sahara

My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1