Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-15-2011

Cool newbie: Leaking water heater, and water system

Hello everyone

Newbie question here: 1. Have a 82 fc35sb water system leak. I have located a leak from the hot water tank (12 gallon Raritan water heater) it leaks from the from the input. Have located replacement heater systems which is Atwood.
2. I also have a water pump and water fill issue. When hooked up the commercial line with out the water tank fill switch on no water goes through the system, until I turn on the tank fill. Then I have water to the galley and head but, leaks all over the back left (port) side. I have isolated the water heater however, I believe the system may have another leak.

Please advise.

Douglas McCarron
Whittier, California
'82 FC33SB
"Dirt Sailor"
Old 10-15-2011
Gardner

Douglas,
A little late responding, but here goes.

With the tank fill on water should run into the tank, and if on, the pump will run continuously because the tank input is connected to the output. With the tank fill off you should have city water pressure in the coach system (there may be a presure regulator in there somewhere near the inlet). I can't explain the problem you seem to have, but previous owners have been known to do very strange things to the bird systems out of ignorance or an attempt to customize something.

The Sporlan valves get blocked up and the rubber diaphram needs to be cleaned and the small hole in the diaphram needs to be clear.

As far as leaks, find them and fix them one at a time.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 10-15-2011
Administrator

Douglas,

sorry for the late responses, I or maybe others did not see this four week old post.
Post again with an update