Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems

Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the operating systems on a 'Bird. If you have one that you think should be added place it in here.

Site Search:

Old 06-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoody View Post
yes on the lights!!!!!!!!!!

to back it up anytime you need a ground guide that knows to look at trees poles and other stuff with walkie talkies

and get someone else to video them!!!! as good as boat docks watching the antics

At our first ever Rally we watched some folks have a great time trying to pull out of their spot. They did not have the signals going and before it was over they managed to get the side of their bus in contact with one of the oak trees. This was trying to go forward in the daylight. No way could they ever backup in the dark!
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-29-2016
Forum owner

Carol and i watched a guy tear the step off of a new Monaco at a park in NM.
The park had lined the road and sites with rocks.
this 35 foot coach was having a hard time getting out of his site,and his wife would open the door to look out to make sure he was fine,everytime she opened the door the step would go out and scrape the rocks,making a heck of a noise,he would stop,she would close the door,the step would go in.
it was comical to see,and then the step hung on a rock and game over!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-29-2016

They titled mine based on the 340 listed on the weight for the previous title, assuming 34000 lbs. And said that they taxed on empty weight, not gvwr. I wasn't going to complain. I went to South Houston on MLK Blvd in my lunch hour and they were able to do it all.

There is a cat certified weight station at N. Gessner and the Beltway, behind the Texaco if you need one closer.

Class A or B drivers license is next if you don't already have the rating. It requires a written test and road test within 60 days. S. Gessner Houston or Grant Rd. Are the most likely offices to do the test, but Grant had a 45day waiting list. They check all of your lights before the road test, and license plate must be mounted on exterior front. Mine is zip tied to the holes in the bumper because that's what I had... I did not have to do an air brake test, but you should know it anyway (youtube for Texas School Bus Air Brake Test). Did have to parallel park to a curb, with tester as spotter. Make sure you agree on stop signal before starting.

Hope the rest of ownership is going well!

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chia30 View Post
Guys I pass my state safety Inspection's and got my title paid. Texas charged me $1700. Almost wanted to title it in another state to save ongoing ROAD USAGE fees that Texas will continue to hit me up for at an annual cost of $600 per year. But it is done and done in time.

So thanks to Neal for the spot on directions to find that dang switch call "REAR PARKING". That was the switch that Woody had told me to look for also but did he not know the exact named of it. I tired 3 times on different days to figure out how to get the rear white reverse lights to come on. Lord this bus has a lot of switches. Thanks Mallie for pointing this out to me also.

I am still curios if the REAR tail brake and turn lights should NOT have white reverse light built into them also as a default. Cause not to belabor the point but it does not make sense to me that the REVERSE light have to be SWITCHED on using the "REAR PARKING" switch to get white lights to come on in the back when you are backing your bus up. That just seem like more step than necessary. In all vechicals I have owned in the past, including two other RVs, when you put your unit in reverse you just get white tail lights to come on next to the brake lights. Is that not true for the default setup on these BBs?

I have white tail lower fog lights coming on now with the "REAR PARKING" switch turned on so I am happy but again that just seem like more steps than really needed. Now I have to just remember to leave the "REAR PARKING" switch on 24/7.

And by the way...the shop did NOT even bother to check the reverse lights after all. Eventho on the phone call I had made to them earlier in the week, I had ask multiple times if rear reverse light not working would fail the test. The shop told me YES, that all lights must work to pass inspection. I kept my mouth shut during the inspection and got my PASS paperwork and went to pay my taxes and got my title done.

Oh one last point to help other BB owners when titling your RV here in Texas...It does not matter what RV type you have...if your current title does NOT have the weight on it...than you have to get a certified weight report on your unit before you can title it here in Texas at the tax office. I wasted 2 hours standing in line with all my paperwork at the Harris County Tax office to get my title to told this. I hustle my storage unit and picked up my bus and took it to the closest Loves about 1 hour away got my certified weight slip and hustle back just in time before the tax office close to get the title done.

It took me over 6 HOURS in Tomball Harris Count tax office and 2 visit last Friday to get it done. Lord I wish Texas was not so strick on this stuff. But they charge you an annual road usage tax base on the weight of your RV. So keep that in mind and don't wast having to go back two or more time to get your title.

Thanks again Neal big help for real. Since you have a 94 WB just like mine I will be blowing up your email soon I am sure.

Thanks all
Old 06-29-2016
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Carol and i watched a guy tear the step off of a new Monaco at a park in NM.
The park had lined the road and sites with rocks.
this 35 foot coach was having a hard time getting out of his site,and his wife would open the door to look out to make sure he was fine,everytime she opened the door the step would go out and scrape the rocks,making a heck of a noise,he would stop,she would close the door,the step would go in.
it was comical to see,and then the step hung on a rock and game over!

Personally I hate them #@% Palo Verde trees in Arizona, they are real sneaky

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-30-2016

Thumbs up BACKUP LIGHTS

This post may or may not apply

Sorry no photos

I just finished replacing my backup lights

2 55 watt white lights and 2 led white lights.

On my Bird there are 2 wires for backup lights. Probably different on yours / don't know. But here goes.

1--is green with white stripe ( this I believe is for the security system)

1--is white with black stripe.

The white with black stripe goes to the backup light switch on my dash

As described previously --turn on ignition (don't need too run engine) put in reverse and turn on backup light switch.

Good Morning America--I HAVE BACKUP LIGHT
1985 PT36'
2014 F150 4X4
Old 06-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Personally I hate them #@% Palo Verde trees in Arizona, they are real sneaky
And that was in broad daylight, just think what they could do to you in the dark.

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Old 07-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
This post may or may not apply

Sorry no photos

I just finished replacing my backup lights

2 55 watt white lights and 2 led white lights.

On my Bird there are 2 wires for backup lights. Probably different on yours / don't know. But here goes.

1--is green with white stripe ( this I believe is for the security system)

1--is white with black stripe.

The white with black stripe goes to the backup light switch on my dash

As described previously --turn on ignition (don't need too run engine) put in reverse and turn on backup light switch.

Good Morning America--I HAVE BACKUP LIGHT
Thanks for your setup Jeff, but now that I have lower white lights coming on, I think I am just going to leave the current tail lights alone. Thanks again
email me at chia30@att.net