Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-21-2018

Default Trekking from Steamboat Co back to Atlanta Ga, Our Virgin Flight

I've wanted to share about our trip earlier but I keep forgetting how to do post on here. lol. I think I will remember this time.

Short story, we bought Randy's Colorado Coach on Friday and have been making our way back since.

Long Story, This past Wed we sold our house and Thursday found us in Steamboat checking out the 97 WB. We were looking it over as thoroughly as we could, took it for a spin and then came back and while hooking it up we found out there were several leaks in the water lines. One near the water pumps that was easily fixed and the others were in the manifold. The owner ended up rigging up a makeshift manifold Friday morning so that we could at least test the rest of the water systems. By this time its Friday after 1 and if were going to buy it we wanted to leave mid day Friday so that we didn’t have to do our first trip back to Denver in the dark windy mountain roads. But after he made the manifold he couldn’t get any water into the coach. We thought there was more ice but no…turns out the KOA had a leak and had turned off all the water to everybody. Since we were running against the clock we backed up the coach to the main building that did have water and filled up that fresh water there and were able to test the water pressure and water pumps and all that. No other leaks that we could see. Cool. It was then 4 pm when we finished the deal and were ready to head out. We went ahead and left so we wouldn’t get snowed in on Saturday by the storm that was coming. We made it all the way to Chayenne Wyoming through some falling snow and 40 mph winds which the bird handled just fine. By then it was 10:30 pm and I was too tired to finish our trip to St Vrain State park so we pulled into a truck stop for a cat nap. I was awakened a couple hours later to the sound of someone trying to break in. I told Moh to check the camera and he went barreling down the coach to the front and checked the door and looked outside. Sure enough one of our bays was open.Thankfully we didn’t have anything down there to steal. Since then we have locked them all manually because we cannot get the bay door lock switches to work on them. And there is one that even the key doesn’t work on. We were awake enough to make it to our campsite at St Vrain State park.
Saturday visited some friends.
Sunday had breakfast with Gray and Susan Hosking. (amazing bluebird folks) then took off.
Tuesday we had dinner with Mallie and Karen more amazing bluebird peeps.
Last night we were going to spend the night at a state park in Manchester TN but when we got there, there was a small covered bridge to get into the campground that had a max load of 18 tons and we didn't feel like chancing it so another night in Walmart for us.
Everything seems to be going well enough. No major hiccups. We will have a list of things to work on in the near future.
Thank you all for all your help. Thank you Nathan for your insights and willingness to help. Thank you Kip for chatting with us. Sean Dixon, you are the best! Thank you Randy you come up with the coolest solutions to the oddest troubles. Gary & Susan, Mallie & Karen you all are the most neatest people ever. And to all the other sweet people that have been helping us along the way. Thank you.

Short list of things to work on,
-Door Step doesn't like to stay in.
-New Manifold is needed
-update fluids
-need to figure out why water isn't going into the instant hot water in the kitchen
Then there is stuff we want to do but that will be for a later post.
Old 11-21-2018

I have also frozen up my water manifold, mine was cpvc pipe, which can crack really bad when the water inside freezes. But it is easy to make a new one, just use the old one as a pattern, get the parts and glue from Lowes.
If the bay door locks are clicking when you push the lock button, it is an easy fix. Just remove the inside panel from the bay door, and tighten up the bolts holding the lock mechanism in place. The bolts loosen with time and vibration, so the lock pin misses the mark. Maybe some locktite will prevent reoccurence.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 11-21-2018

Welcome home guys! Hope to see you at an event before long.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 11-21-2018
Forum owner

Carol and i have been worried sick!
Wondering about you kids!
I called Sean,and he told me some of the story (that you were ok) and Deet called and gave us some of the story (that you were OK)

So,we assumed no news was good news and we knew you would pop up some day!
Thanks for the update,drive safe.beware the holiday traffic!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-21-2018
Forum owner

Oh,on the manifold
I would buy a Manoblok ,a ready made manifold available at Home depot or lowes.
Theres several different styles,and the one i like is the ones Jim B just put in his LXI.
he has a smaller cold water manifold and a smaller hot water manifold.
Instead of having a large combination manifold.
Using 2 small ones gave him a better place to mount the new ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Viega-50243-2...20533161&psc=1

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-21-2018

Glade you are having a good trip, two comments, I would look at the Mano Blocks as a replacement for the water manifold. I put one in my LXi that was a combo hot and cold, Jim Brookshire put two singles, one hot the other cold in his LXi, I think the two singles is the better way.
In a conversation on bay doors at one of the Rallies Randy Dupree said he did not lock his as there wasn’t anything in there that was worth what it would cost to repair one, and he carries a lot of stuff. Made a lot of sense to me.
Old 11-21-2018

I have two single manifolds in copper from homey Lowes in my LXi and love them.

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 11-21-2018

Great to hear some of the story. By the way woggers, Cynthia drove will hubby worked on the way to Mallie's. No way could I work while Elizabeth (my wife) drove. I would be a mess.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
Old 11-21-2018

Congrats on your new coach and thanks for sharing your story. Definitely a great bunch of woggers out there!
(678) 438-3184
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
WOG Service Center Database (replaces WOG Maps)
MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/karengulrich
Old 11-21-2018

Congratulations, I know that coach I ran into Deet a few years ago at HWH on his way out to Steamboat(via Casper) to be a ski bum.

That’s terrible someone tried breaking into your coach, in Wyoming of all states. I thought they had one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
I guess a lesson to be learned keep the bays locked up and watch the toad.