Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts and Other Items For Sale

Parts and Other Items For Sale Have a part or other item that you want to sell? List it here.

Site Search:

Old 06-23-2011
Timberlake Products Group

Hey Tom,

Glad to see you back around. My FC generator change out was for several reasons. But before I go there I would like to say that the 'ol Kohler is a great rig and I still own 2 of them!!

Sold the one (7500 hours) complete out of the 83 FC to a friend of a friend who has installed it in a 40' container out on his 40 acres in the middle of Tim-Buck-too. No power grid available for miles! He loves it... noise, leaking oil and total reliability. The container install had to do mostly with theft...

The other 12.5 is John "the hatchet man" Finn's old generator (8000 hours). I am in the process of building it into another stationary generator for another friend out in the country who is at the end of the utility run and see's power outages frequently. I will post some detailed pictures when I get to working on it again.

My other Kohler is in my PT36 (1250 hours) and as you have stated, with proper insulation etc., is pretty quiet.

The new Onan CMQD7500 in my FC is super quiet and was installed for better ground clearance (6" saved!) , less noise, auto start (Onan EC30), auto start for the A/C system and much better fuel economy because of the variable RPM based on load factor.

I also have a 20KW in a trailer, a 10KW, 8KW and two 5.5KW diesel generators, all beauties that I had fun building over the years!!

Yes, some people have asked... "Why do you have so many generators?" Because I can
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0001.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	10868   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_4779.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	10869   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Pictures0003.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	10870   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Pictures0008.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	10871   Click image for larger version

Name:	20 KW0009.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	10872   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Pictures0010.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	10875  

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 06-24-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2011
Forum owner

Ryan,i have a 50KW trailer mounted with a John Deere 6 cly. diesel engine,if you need one!
Tom W.
I don't know if your feeling better or if you have some good drugs!
Either way,welcome back.
Tom,your control box is a piece of artwork,but you have to admit that when the average guy opens up the factory control box he just about passes out!
That mess of wires looks like a bomb on CSI!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-24-2011
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Ryan,i have a 50KW trailer mounted with a John Deere 6 cly. diesel engine,if you need one!
Tom W.
I don't know if your feeling better or if you have some good drugs!
Either way,welcome back.
Tom,your control box is a piece of artwork,but you have to admit that when the average guy opens up the factory control box he just about passes out!
That mess of wires looks like a bomb on CSI!
Randy,

The 20KW is enough to do the house The 50KW is probably needed for your warehouse, better keep it!

Boy you got that right about the control boxes on both accounts

My 10KW is for sale too. 722 Kubota watercooled 3 cylinder diesel, gauges, electric start, alternator, 15 gallon fuel tank, ready to go! $2500.00 firm for a great diesel generator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Pictures0008.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	10880   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Pictures0003.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	10881  

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 06-24-2011

Tom did you fix the generator? If not do you still have it?
'05 Road King
'08 Silverado Duramax
Old 06-24-2011
Black Sheep Division

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfish1001 View Post
Tom did you fix the generator? If not do you still have it?
Which Tom?.. Too many Toms around here!!! First thing you know, every Tom, Dick, & Harry will be on the board!!

Anyway, if you are asking about mine, I traded it for some new 4D AGM batteries.

TOM
Old 02-07-2012

Default Still chasing power issues

snipped:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbucks13477 View Post
How many of you fellows that believe the 12.5KW Kohler/Perkins diesel is noisey have actually listened to the same diesel that has had the injectors rebuilt ( I mean they have been used for only 20-25 years), the injector pump recalibrated and the insulation replaced with good quality insulation? .... So add a few cheap gaskets and some insulation, get the injectors rebuilt and the injection pump rebuilt and/or recalibrated and you will have one of the very best diesel engines on the market.
Ai-ee, this is the best pointer from an hour of poking the search function.

So Festina Lente is at the shop our emergency mechanic recommended. The generator starts ["a wire was loose"] and runs, but does not charge the batteries. I.e., we're still looking for the inverters.... HELP?

Item [viz. rebuilding the motor], he says the Perkins has a Lucas injector pump. The pressure switch that screws into the injector pump - right between the supply lines - is leaking. He's up in there with a mirror and cannot read the part# - can anyone help with that datum? [Meanwhile I've pulled two Perkins parts lists from the Files area and am emailing those to him.]

I'm very amused by everyone's opinions of Kohler, and leaning toward embracing Shane's recommendation of a Stamford/Newage once we sort out the Perkins side.

Debbie Huffman Grey
Finally full-timing / Kids in Houston, Texas
1985 PT-40 "Festina Lente"
1993 Toyota Pickup "Phoenix"
FMCA 424082 VB 1639 SKP 112690 GS Life Member
Old 02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie.Grey View Post
...I'm very amused by everyone's opinions of Kohler, and leaning toward embracing Shane's recommendation of a Stamford/Newage once we sort out the Perkins side.
Sorry I can't help with part numbers. However, I did learn from Shane and followed his advice. Didn't like the cost, but like the end result (working generator with no issues since replacement, and hopefully many more such hours, knock on wood).
VB 1570
Old 02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie.Grey View Post
snipped:

Ai-ee, this is the best pointer from an hour of poking the search function.

So Festina Lente is at the shop our emergency mechanic recommended. The generator starts ["a wire was loose"] and runs, but does not charge the batteries. I.e., we're still looking for the inverters.... HELP?

Item [viz. rebuilding the motor], he says the Perkins has a Lucas injector pump. The pressure switch that screws into the injector pump - right between the supply lines - is leaking. He's up in there with a mirror and cannot read the part# - can anyone help with that datum? [Meanwhile I've pulled two Perkins parts lists from the Files area and am emailing those to him.]

I'm very amused by everyone's opinions of Kohler, and leaning toward embracing Shane's recommendation of a Stamford/Newage once we sort out the Perkins side.
Our's is the Stamford/Newage. No issues in 7 years.

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 02-07-2012
prone to wandering

Item [viz. rebuilding the motor], he says the Perkins has a Lucas injector pump.

I did not know that Lucas made injector pumps
Reminds me of an old joke that anyone who has owned a British car will understand.... why do they drink warm beer in England? because Lucas make refrigerators
jimdoel@me.com
Old 02-07-2012

Debbie- Here are photos of my pump. The numbers are pretty easy to read and yours should be a close match. These Lucas/CAV pumps are "bulletproof" and usually last over 7500 hours with normal use. My Perkins really quieted down with the rebuilt pump, injectors and new insulation. I also adjusted the valves and that made a big difference. Removing the old Kohler genny and replacing it with the Stamford brushless generator was one of the upgrades that I should have done from the start. I spent countless thousand$$ trying to keep that old piece of caca working right and should have tossed it to the curb when I got the coach. The Perkins engine, on the other hand, is great. It's easy to work on and get parts for.

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912