Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 11-23-2014

Default Locks for bay doors inside paddle handles

I am looking to change all of the locks on my bay doors on my 1981 FC. Has anyone done this? They look a bit challenging as the locks are inside the paddle handle. I am looking to change all 6 of them so that I have the same key. I do not have a key right now and am unable to lock any of the compartments.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Rodney, Ontario
Old 11-23-2014
Beemer Tourer

If the bay doors are unlocked, you can remove the lock cylinder from the inside of the door. There should be a large locking nut that is removed by turning it counter-clockwise with the appropriate size wrench (I used a smaller adjustable spanner on ours). If you get lucky, all of the bay door cylinders may accept the same key, Try taking one cylinder to your favourite locksmith, bring the new key back to the coach and try it in the other bay doors before you remove all of the cylinders. A pre-emptive dousing with your choice of lubricant on the cylinder lock nut as well as inside the lock cylinder may help also.
Old 11-24-2014
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung View Post
I am looking to change all of the locks on my bay doors on my 1981 FC. Has anyone done this? They look a bit challenging as the locks are inside the paddle handle. I am looking to change all 6 of them so that I have the same key. I do not have a key right now and am unable to lock any of the compartments.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
I got all new from McMaster all keyed the same, worth every penny not having 50-11 keys http://www.mcmaster.com/?error_redir...atches/=uq7x0k

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 07-20-2015

Default Key Number

Just a thought but still working on this problem. Does anyone know the key number for their lower bay doors on an 1981 FC? There is a possibility that they were all the same. I could get one to try.

Thanks
Rodney, Ontario