Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 12-31-2017

Maybe a moot issue. See this new thread:

DigitalEd

Will be selling our 1992 40 foot WB next month

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 12-31-2017

On my LXi, the galley kick electric heater has its own thermostat that controls a relay behind the unit. You have to take a panel out of the back of one of the lower cabinets to access it. But that is not all. There is another relay under the bed that is tied in with the front AC unit. To operate the fan heater, the fwd AC switch at the driver must be on and the AC thermostat on the wall must be off. So, in other words, I turn the separate heater themostat to Heat and turn the AC thermostat to OFF, but the drivers fwd AC switch must be ON.

Don't know if this helps as yours may be different.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 01-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Don't you have some type propane heat?
No the Primas has never worked from the day we got the coach. We never planned on being in super cold weather so never had it fixed.
So far with the back kick and one small plug in heater up front, we are doing good. Its very windy here right now.

At night we can close the center door and the back kick heater we have to turn down as it heats up the back great.
(352) 277-1494
Website Designer / Photographerr
http://goactivemedia.com

1992 WLWB
Old 01-02-2018

Ed, this may or may not help....

On my '91 WB, I have the same control scheme everyone has mentioned prior:

FRONT AC dash switch must be ON, FRONT AC thermostat OFF, and front kick heater is controlled by little cube thermostat in kitchen. Set it to heat and it controls the front kick heater. Set it to cool and it controls the ceiling vent fan.

However, the AC thermostat right next to this little cube thermostat is the one for the middle AC, not the FRONT. Are you sure that the FRONT AC thermostat is turned off? It's the one just above the drivers seat in my '91.
Old 01-04-2018

Front thermostat ac is off.

I tried to use the front kick heater yesterday and it worked for around 15min and then the AC just started to kick on and off so i had to turn it all off.

When the ac starts to kick on i can push the buttons in any positions and nothing turns the ac off till it wants to on its own and coming back on and off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose View Post
Ed, this may or may not help....

On my '91 WB, I have the same control scheme everyone has mentioned prior:

FRONT AC dash switch must be ON, FRONT AC thermostat OFF, and front kick heater is controlled by little cube thermostat in kitchen. Set it to heat and it controls the front kick heater. Set it to cool and it controls the ceiling vent fan.

However, the AC thermostat right next to this little cube thermostat is the one for the middle AC, not the FRONT. Are you sure that the FRONT AC thermostat is turned off? It's the one just above the drivers seat in my '91.
(352) 277-1494
Website Designer / Photographerr
http://goactivemedia.com

1992 WLWB
Old 01-16-2018

Default Mine Too

Has anyone tracked down the issue? Mine just started doing the same thing after two years of working great. I froze my arse off the last few nights.
Old 01-16-2018

Sounds like the front A/C thermostat is failing or has failed. I would swap the center and front stats to see if the issue follows the stat and if so, replace it.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 01-16-2018

Obviously there is an ice cube relay breaking down. So until you find it I suggest that you set your AC thermostat to it's highest setting and run the heat.
Old 01-16-2018

I tried setting the thermostat to the highest temp to no avail, then removed the thermostat and no change. I will try a thermos swap and see if that works when I get my bus back from paint shop
Old 01-16-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Sounds like the thermostat has no effect. Not sure how the toe heater and the AC is connected, but it appears the heater is affecting the AC. Guessing the shared connection is the source of the problem, I wonder if a loose or grounded connection could cause feed back? Where is Mr Wyatt at time like this?
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com