Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 01-16-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
Has anyone tracked down the issue? Mine just started doing the same thing after two years of working great. I froze my arse off the last few nights.
yours does the same thing?
tell us what it does,i'm still confused on Eds system.

give us info.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-16-2018

Randy,
Even with the thermos turned off or removed the compressor on the front AC comes on freezes with no fan and blows the breaker. I can control the fan and if I leave the fan on low and run the toe heater the circuit is fine but the AC and heater are running together
Old 01-16-2018
Forum owner

OK,heres how i think that works,John W will correct me i'm sure!
The roof ac unit has its 120ac power controlled by a relay in the bedroom.
The front electric toe heater is controlled by a relay under the front cabinets,behing=d the toe heater.

Both of those relays are controlled by the switch by the drivers area.
But the front toe heater relay has the wall mounted Tstat in the circuit.

But,if the AC unit still stays on when its Tstat is switched off,then i suspect the bedroom AC relay is stuck in the "ON" postion.
The AC tstat controls the ac circuit board,but does not control the 120AC feed to the roof top unit.

Or,it may be possible the circuit board in the rooftop ac unit is bad.
And,theres also a relay i the rooftop ac unit that could be stuck on as well?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-16-2018

Here is how mine works. In order to get any power to that relay behind my kick heater, the bedroom relay has to be energized first. Flipping the dash AC switch on will energize that bedroom relay. At that point I have power to the heater relay. Flip the heater T-stat to "on" to energize that heater relay.

AC will only come on with the AC thermostat. I have no idea why it would run otherwise.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 01-17-2018

For mine, i do not think the bedroom AC relay is stuck in the "ON" postion.
As my AC comes on and off on its own randomly. Every few minutes.

I have not had a breaker flip just the AC turning on and off and it blows very cold air in wiping our any heat we have quite fast.

It was in the teens last night here on the AL coast and will be tonight. only in the 30s today.

Looks like we have today and then one more night and we will be going up some.

When the wind is blowing it starts to get cold in here. With just the back kick and a front small floor heater we have.

We have been putting in offers on a house to buy just got outbid on one the other day. Have a counter offer in on a small place right now I hope we get.
(352) 277-1494
Website Designer / Photographerr
http://goactivemedia.com

1992 WLWB
Old 01-17-2018

Get a couple of the small electric heaters. I got mine from Walmart. If you have 50 amp you can run a pair of those things along with the two electric heaters on the bus. With all running you’ll be plenty warm.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 01-17-2018
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg View Post
Get a couple of the small electric heaters. I got mine from Walmart. If you have 50 amp you can run a pair of those things along with the two electric heaters on the bus. With all running you’ll be plenty warm.
That's an easy and effective solution.

Adding to what has already been covered and/or suggested I’ll just point out that on my 91 WB, the air conditioner thermostat has nothing to do with supplying 120 volts to the air conditioner.

Under normal operating conditions, the air conditioner has 120 volts supplied to it anytime its A/C master switch (on the dash) is in the “on” position. That means that the control board inside the air conditioner has 120 volts available whether the thermostat is on, off or even removed.

If pulling the thermostat didn’t stop my front air conditioner from kicking on, my first guess would be a faulty control board inside the air conditioner, keeping in mind the normal things like a bad ground, electrical noise (fluorescent lights), bad ribbon cable, etc, etc that could be causing the control board to act up.

If it was my coach and it was freezing us out on a cold night, "I” would turn off the 120 volt circuit breaker for the front air conditioner, remove the return air filter from the air conditioner so that I could get to the electrical junction box and I would unwire the power for the air conditioner so that I could turn the circuit breaker back on and run the front electric heater to get us through the cold snap..

I carry a spare control board, so on a warm day, I would swap control boards to see if the problem went away. Without a spare board you could swap boards between air conditioners but that’s twice the work and not something I would expect many owners would to want to mess with.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 01-18-2018

Thanks John, I ordered a compressor relay thinking it may be stuck in the closed position
Old 01-18-2018

That is what we are doing.

Todays the power went out at the park here for a little but not a good thing its very cold here. Hope that does not happen at night.

Everyone is running out of gas here and they have a waiting list to get some and they are charging over $4 for it. Last time we got some it was just over $2 in NM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg View Post
(352) 277-1494
Website Designer / Photographerr
http://goactivemedia.com

1992 WLWB