Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 11-26-2019

Do you have a link to where you purchased your chi-basto? Also, I know the plate exchangers are much less expensive than tube and shell, but are there other reasons to go that route. We have had a split circuit webasto setup with a tube/shell exchanger in our sailboat for 15 years or so and it has been completely reliable with minimal maintenance and are in the process of converting our bus to same. I have been looking for a good deal on a used dbw2010 but haven’t found one yet.
Old 11-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Erin View Post
Do you have a link to where you purchased your chi-basto? Also, I know the plate exchangers are much less expensive than tube and shell, but are there other reasons to go that route. We have had a split circuit webasto setup with a tube/shell exchanger in our sailboat for 15 years or so and it has been completely reliable with minimal maintenance and are in the process of converting our bus to same. I have been looking for a good deal on a used dbw2010 but haven’t found one yet.
The Chibasto is a Drivworks 16kw: https://www.dhgate.com/product/drivw...404614850.html

The same unit seems to be marketed by many other Chinese companies, on Alibaba and Aliexpress, too. The listings are confusing with incorrect information and photos.

I have seen an awful lot of very crusty X45's and DBW's. People want $1k+ now for a 10-20 year old, very used one. There were some new ones on eBay a couple years ago and I should have bought one then, but I haven't seen them since them.
Old 11-26-2019

I just now got a notice about a DBW I wanted to buy on eBay. 2004 vintage, but claims it was new, asking $3k. I offered him $700 to see what he would do, so he countered with $2500, which I declined. The notice today was that it sold for $1200. I would have paid that for it. I just don't understand sometimes.
Old 11-26-2019

makes no sense but where i make and offer
seems that it over cant make a second offer ??
is that a ebay rule or what....
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 11-26-2019

I could have replied to his $2500 offer with a counter of anything, it goes on forever.
Old 11-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I just now got a notice about a DBW I wanted to buy on eBay. 2004 vintage, but claims it was new, asking $3k. I offered him $700 to see what he would do, so he countered with $2500, which I declined. The notice today was that it sold for $1200. I would have paid that for it. I just don't understand sometimes.
I paid $1200 for a DBW along with it came all sorts of stuff, like expansion tanks, convectors, and pumps. It all came out of boat that never really used it, because the owner of the boat lived in SC and the boat was in Tahoe and he only used the boat in the summers. He sold the boat and the new owner took it out to and gave it to the P.O. because he wanted a new forced air system of some kind that was apparently mega bucks. I would think $1200 would be a fair price.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 11-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I could have replied to his $2500 offer with a counter of anything, it goes on forever.
Actually you can only make 3 offers on an item. After that, it's only the full price. ebay best offer is all over the place. I've got some really good deals and declined or no response on some offers I thought were fair. Depends on the sellers mood I guess. What irritates me is say the item is $100 OBO, you offer $75 and the seller comes back with something like $99.95. Why do they even bother with best offer if they have no intention of taking a lesser price?
Old 11-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiemartin View Post
Actually you can only make 3 offers on an item. After that, it's only the full price. ebay best offer is all over the place. I've got some really good deals and declined or no response on some offers I thought were fair. Depends on the sellers mood I guess. What irritates me is say the item is $100 OBO, you offer $75 and the seller comes back with something like $99.95. Why do they even bother with best offer if they have no intention of taking a lesser price?
I've had that happen a few times, that's why I lowballed on this one. It was worth more than $700, but it's still 15 years old!
Old 11-30-2019

The seller never responded to me, DHGate is going through some kind of process now, this should be fun. So far DHGate is very responsive and more English-y. In an effort to use the thing I did some searching around and the sensors are just hot tub temp sensors, 10K NTC with a 10mm thread. The sensors are definitely not right on this thing.
Old 11-30-2019

I recently purchased a musical instrument from a Chinese company, using Ebay. The item was also being sold online in California for $2300 asking price.

On Ebay, the instrument was listed for $999. There was no "make offer" button on the listing.

I did some research and found that if I ordered 3+, then the price would be $450 each. I contacted the seller via email through Ebay and politely offered $650 for just one. The offer was accepted and the shipping was included for the price. Delivery took 5 days.

I've also done this with OEM auto repair parts... a wheel bearing assy for instance, that lists for $150 on Dealer sites. The Ebay listing was $90. I offered $45 while making sure they knew my shipping zip code so they could count their shipping costs. The seller came back with "best they could do was $60" which I accepted. There was no "make offer" button.

In both cases the seller had to lower the price on their listing for a couple of minutes so I could make the purchase at the lower price.

It never hurts to ask.