Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-31-2011

Default Shower remodel?

Birds, has anyone replaced the shower in a Bird? Or perhaps painted the fiberglass? Any suggestions? Would it be better to leave the vintage greenish/blueish/tealish?

Sharlene Stapleton
"The Great Escape"
1941 Taylorcraft BC12-65
http://kenshar.blogspot.com

-.-. --- -- -- ..- -. .. ... -- works only in .... . .- ...- . -. where they don't need it, and in .... . .-.. .-.. where they've already got it.
Old 05-31-2011

took my FC to McDonalds in Colombus GA to get their slant on redoing the RB shower stall. They said it had to be replaced w/flat panels, didn't feel they knew about a recoating product. Still haven't done anything with it, still gets me clean.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 05-31-2011

There are professional companies that spray refinish tubs and showers for homeowners and Hotels. The products are dangerous for your health and the prep work has to be done very well.

Locally I've seen boatyards repaint fiberglass hulls with Imron Paint and that lasts for many years. Its a two part paint a little difficult to use and very bad to breath. Re gelcoating is also a option and is probably what the original is.

I painted a hull with Interlux which makes a durable 2 part paint. Awlgrip is a favorite too.
89 PT40
Old 05-31-2011

There is a product at the big box stores used for painting laminate countertops. I bet it would work well. I plan to buy it and use it for a fiberglass utility sink in my garage. If it works well, I'd consider it for the bird's shower / vanity sink. It must be self leveling, chip resistant and very hard. I'd guess some form of two part epoxy.

Doug
Ex-PT36