Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 06-20-2008

Default Goin to St Paul via Knoxville, IA

Driving to St Paul, MN via Knoxville, IA...will visit Pat's sister and eventually join Ernie on the River, Livingston, MT (Park County Fairgrounds) about the last of July. We will likely take US 2 across ND and MT and plan to visit Glacier NP before joining up with Shane, Terry and Ernie and all others who choose to join us. Help keep the US GREEN...drive your Wanderlodge!!
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 06-20-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Dick,

Sounds like a trip that I took last year, or at least part of it. US 2 is a fairly descent road with some construction most likely still going on in places, I traveled it west to east on my way from Glacier National Park on my way to Oshkosh last year and then Rob traveled it east to west a month or so later. The town of Havre, MT was mostly a gravel road from one end to the other, about 2 - 3 miles long, they have a web site with an updated road construction map http://www.us2havre.com/ it wasn't real bad, just took my time.

There is a nice US Army Corps Of Engineers campground located at Ft. Peck Dam, Ft. Peck, Montana, that is a little south of US 2 at Nashua, MT I stayed there for a day http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/82545255

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-20-2008
Administrator

Hey Dick,

Did you fix the Cruise Control ???
Old 06-21-2008

Bill. Installed the new pot assembly and set the dip switches on the CA-1 module...all ON except nos 1 and 8 which are OFF. Works great and the High Idle is now operational also. Coach is in the best shape since I've owned it...after the Texas trip I've replaced the Air governor, rebuilt AD-4 Bendix dryer, new kit in my copilots sporlan (chassis heater), replaced O-rings in the dump valves. Now I can let the coach set a full day or so and still have enough air for the air throttle. That High Idle built into the CC is a neat feature. I find that the pesky throttle cable works better after shooting gun oil into the housing with the 'cable luber' which I recently bought.

Oh, I had a local tech service the chassis AC...recovered the R134-a. purged the system. checked for leaks, added R134-a, Esther oil, dye and it seems to cool better, although he only pumped in 36 oz of R134-a. Looking forward to a relaxing trip this summer to Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks.
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 06-21-2008

John; We like the COE campgrounds also...thanks for the heads-up. Will be prepared for possible road construction on US 2.
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 06-21-2008
Administrator

Dick & Patsy,

Have a great trip , I am jealous. We are parked for now, with home and Family stuff, have tentative Fall plans , but still undicided.
Sounds like you did a lot of work on the Bird,, Thanks for the dip switch info. I need to try this experiment.
Old 06-21-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by giderich View Post
Bill. Installed the new pot assembly and set the dip switches on the CA-1 module...all ON except nos 1 and 8 which are OFF. Works great and the High Idle is now operational also. Coach is in the best shape since I've owned it...after the Texas trip I've replaced the Air governor, rebuilt AD-4 Bendix dryer, new kit in my copilots sporlan (chassis heater), replaced O-rings in the dump valves. Now I can let the coach set a full day or so and still have enough air for the air throttle. That High Idle built into the CC is a neat feature. I find that the pesky throttle cable works better after shooting gun oil into the housing with the 'cable luber' which I recently bought.
Dick.
Do you remember the original dip switch settings??
Old 06-24-2008

Bill; That's the original dip switch settings for my bird...I tried experimenting with another setting but the original works perfect, now that I got the throttle cable working smoothly. I also installed the CC-5 cylinder repair kit and the new Potentiometer assembly from 'spark' at Seattle Brake & Clutch. On the road ast Grand Rapids, MN.
Rolla, MO 65401